Chapter 10-𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓐 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓱

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
" ɢᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴛ sᴏᴜʟ,"
"Bᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ s ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴏᴛʜ,"
"W ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ,"
"B ɪᴛ ꜰᴀʟs ᴏɴᴇ, ᴋɴᴏᴡ,"
"Bᴀʙʏ, ᴅᴏɴ, ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥 🜲

"I got the music! Streaming from my soul! And it's stronger than before..."

Julie fazed out of her glittery montage of a daydream. There had been halls of dancers and confetti, along with an odd mirage of Nick in a white tux. Nonetheless, she was only slightly disappointed when she opened the doors of the music studio to find her new band mates messing around.

The boys were spread out across the room, lounging in various seats. Alex was at his drums, absentmindedly twirling his drumsticks. Reggie was sprawled on the floor with his feet thrown over the couch, a position she'd gotten used to. He was throwing crackers up in the air and catching them in his mouth. Or, he was attempting to. Luke was across the room, stretched out in the window seat. The morning sunlight made him glow while he scribbled in his notebook, deep in thought.

Over the past few days they'd been such a breath of fresh air for her. They were some of the only people that treated her like a normal person, like a friend instead of a princess, and she actually got to be herself around them. The fact that they were officially an unofficial band now brought a whole other aspect of fun to it; one that Julie hadn't had in over a year. After she'd explained everything and settled any bad feelings with Flynn, Julie had gotten straight into songwriting with her band. Especially Luke.

It was hard getting into writing with Luke, nerve wracking even. It wasn't all because of him, but because songwriting had always been a part of her that she'd shared only with people she was close to, namely her mom.

However, she quickly learned that when they both got in the rhythm, they were almost always thinking along the same track. To her surprise they'd barely even disagreed about anything, and when they did it was over the small stuff like what chords would fit with a certain verse. For days they'd written hours on end, sometimes late into the night, and the itch to create was still getting her out of bed in the early mornings. She could see them really growing as writing partners, see all of them growing as a band.

If Luke could stop being annoying. And stop looking at her in that way that drove her crazy. He must've known the effect his smile had on people because he used that shit like a weapon.

Reggie was the first to see her when she shut the door. "Hey Julie!"

"Hey, isn't today you guys' first day of guard training?" She sat on the couch Reggie was beside, sinking back into the lush pillows.