Chapter 31-𝓒𝓪𝓷 𝓘 𝓑𝓮 𝓗𝓲𝓶?

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ Jss ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ,"
"Aɴᴅ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ Hɪᴍ ɪɴ ᴍɪɴᴇ,"
"Sᴡᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴇssɪᴏɴs,"
"Tʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝗟𝘂𝗸𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ♡︎

"Avalanche!" A townsman sprinted past Luke, Julie, and the boys where they stood amongst the snow. "Get everyone within the walls! Lock it down!"

Julie whirled on them. "You triggered multiple?"

"Hey, I think it's safe to say we were the victims in this situation!" Reggie countered, voice an octave higher than usual.

Their group was jogging towards the gates by the time Alex jumped in. "The mountain was really unstable to start with. We were probably just the last straw."

"The mountain's and mine," Julie grumbled.

Rushing within the throngs of a crowd, they desperately searched for something to help with. Luke came up empty handed because these people were prepared.

He was snatching Reggie out someone's way when the voice of a distressed woman cut through the clatter.

"Mother's scarf! I dropped it!" Luke tracked her pointing hand to a flash of bright blue in the field beyond the walls. The lady herself was being restrained by what he assumed her husband. "Please, no! That's all I have left of her! Please!"

"It's too dangerous Lisa, the avalanche." The man insisted, fighting her attempts to escape.

Luke's eye was snagged by Julie across the way, watching the woman with dismay clear as day on her face.

(Sᴏɴɢ-A Sᴋʏ Fᴜʟʟ Sᴛᴀʀs ʙʏ Tᴀʀᴏɴ Eɢᴇʀᴛᴏɴ-2:35~Eɴᴅ)

She looked out across the field.

Luke stiffened.

The gears were turning, a plan forming behind those eyes. She met his in a flash.

He shot her a warning glare. Don't do it. Don't you dare.

But he should've known who he was talking to.

Julie sprang into action, bolting towards the gates like a fleeing animal. Luke cursed profusely, lunging forward; not for her, but for a horse.

The bay gelding whinnied, bucking his head and pacing along with the other antsy animals. Without breaking stride Luke tore the reins from a stranger's hand and sprang into the saddle. Kicking swiftly, he urged the steed to a gallop.

If Julie was trying to get herself fucking killed, then he was going with her.

Thundering through the exit, he snarled at the men wheeling the cables. "Hold the gates!"

Wind whipped through his hair, the snow blurring beneath him. Luke leaned low over the horse's neck, eyes fixing between the girl ahead and the deadly avalanche to his right.