Stage One: II

[Started: 12/24/2022]
[Ended: 12/25/2022]
[Song: Reflections by Draft Punk.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE ONE: Rubatosis
"The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat."

♧    ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Two
"Hoist The Bloody Red."
♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

     Y/n always had a thing about her appearance. She couldn't stand to feel dirty, greasy, sticky, or dried out. She hated seeing a stray eyebrow hair on her or a eyebags. She would scrub her skin raw if she felt one bump. If she ever got a bruise or a cut she would look at it with disgust. This was another part of her disliking towards her species. They were incredibly gross to her. Their sweat, bad breath, horrible hair, dirty clothes, and their disgusting nose hair. It was all disgusting. But many people did manage to pass her expectation of cleanliness. And depending on what kind of person they were or their circumstances, she could look past it. Those with no excuse were the ones she despised.
     So she never thought she'd be in this situation. Hunching over a water fountain in an amusement park scrubbing at her face, shoulders, and arms trying to rid her skin of blood. Frantically she scratched at her skin.
     But one by one the lights in the park turned off and soon so did the water.
     "No....nononono! Turn back on!" She yelled kicking the fountain.
     "Turn on!"

♧    ♤    ♢ ♡

    Y/n sat on the steps of the fun house where the red team had made their Jail. The man with terrible hair stood leaning against the door of the funhouse while the old man sat on a step above her.
    Looking down at her phone the remaining time showed. "30 more minutes. Not one prisoner." She said.
    The two with her didn't say anything. They didn't seem to have any doubts like she did.
    She stood up. "I'm going to go to the other team's jail."
   "The boy said to stay here." The old man told her.
   "Yeah well he's not the official leader is he?" She scoffed before walking off.
She began walking around. Her team's territory was virtually empty. Soon she came across a spray-painted yellow line on the floor and going up the walls of a booth. There wasn't anyone in sight. Taking a deep breath she stepped over the line and began running.
     "Where's the blue team's jail?" She asked pushing the mic of the headset closer to her mouth.
     "Why do you need to know that?" Kyuma's voice replied.
     She stopped running for a moment. "Because I'm on my way now."
     "Actually we both are."
     Y/n spun around hearing the voice come from directly behind her. The older man had followed her. She was immensely impressed that she couldn't hear his footsteps.
     "Me and the old guy I guess." She said.
     "I am not that old, you are just young." He looked at her unamused.
    Kyuma sighed into the mic. "The blue team's jail is the carousel."
     Y/n snickered. "Did you get caught Kyuma?"
    He reluctantly answered. "I did Y/n."
    "Well don't worry, we're coming for you."
    The old man and Y/n found the carousel quickly. The majority of their team had been captured. Kyuma was leaning against one of the poles and he seemed to have ditched his shirt. There were two guards that seemed weak in strength. Crouch behind a table Y/n and the old man conspired a plan.
     Jumping out into the open Y/n ran past the carousel. The guards jumped to their feet looking in the direction she went. The old man took the chance and dashed to the ride. He jumped on grabbing a pole to steady himself. The two guards noticed this and began to argue with each other giving Y/n a chance to get on as well. She was not as agile and fell to her hand and knees when she got on.
     "Well done." Kyuma walked towards her, eventually looming over her. He stretched out a hand to help her up.
    She took it and with his help, she got to her feet. "The old man's going to go back to our territory but..."
    He tilted his head as if reading her mind. "You're going after the flag aren't you?"
    She nodded.
    He smirked. "Then let's get this done."
    He hopped off the carousel and the guards came after him. Y/n followed behind him nearly missing getting tagged herself. With the attention on them, the old man was able to slip away with another member.
   They ran for around three minutes until they came to a food vendor area. On one of the picnic tables was a blue flag. Guarding it was three blue team participants. Sitting on the picnic table was one of the girls that were on the red team. She couldn't leave the safe zone without being caught.
    "Okay, mister genius. You said this was your kinda game, what's the plan here?" Y/n looked at Kyuma.
    He looked around for a second and spotted a rolling trash can. He smirked and looked back at Y/n. "You're not going to like this."

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

The blue team's guards stood at attention. They were the two buff guys Y/n had noticed before the game. It was clear they were more fit for fighting rather than running. That's why Y/n wasn't very keen on such a plan.
The rolling trash can rolled out from behind a booth into the guard's vision. It went still and the men looked at each other. One of them stalked forwards. Slowly he crept up to the can. Then when he was close Y/n popped up and hit him hard in the head with a wood plank.
The man stumbled to the side clutching his now bleeding face. But he was still standing which was not anticipated.
'Oh fuck.'
"Um, he's still up Kyuma." She said quietly as the man glared at her.
He looked over her with a grim look. He grabbed her shoulder tossing her out of the can. She hit the ground hard causing scrapes on the side of her leg and arm. He grabbed her arm and stood her up. His grip was tight without mercy.
"I'll take this bitch to jail." He told the other man.
He pushed her forward and they began walking back to the carousel.
"Worked just as planned." Kyuma's voice echoed in her headset.
"What?!" She scowled.
The man hit the back of her head. "Quiet!"
'Kill yourself.'
Soon they arrived at the ghastly ride. The man's grip on Y/n stayed as he talked to the other guards. Most of their conversation was about him getting hit in the head with wood.
One of the guards chuckled. "She'll regret it soon once our team's plan has gone through."
'Die.'
And like her wish came true her phone binged along with the others.
"The red team has captured the blue team's flag. The red team wins!"
"Shit!" The guards began to freak out.
The buff man's grip on Y/n loosened.
"The blue team will now be eliminated."
"You bitch!" The buff man's fist pulled back and his face scrunched up.
Just as he was about to land a hit on her something warm and wet hit her face obscuring her vision. She heard several thuds like bodies dropping to the ground. She wiped her eyes off the substance and took a look around. The guards were now missing their heads and dark blood covered Y/n. Her captured teammates were either looking at the scene in surprise or celebrating. Her hand shook as she looked at it. Her body struggled to move like a doll. Her eyes were wide with shock.
It wasn't until this moment that Y/n knew the severity of her situation. This was life or death. Not just a silly game. And now she had won.
So a smile came to her face.
For a minute she relished in the victory but that didn't last. Her shock faded and soon the disgusting feeling of blood drying on her skin began to make her sick. So sick that she keeled over and puked right there. Taking a few deep breaths she ran to the nearest water fountain and began washing herself of the blood frantically. The blood stuck to her clothes and hair making her want to rip both off but she refrained from doing so.
Looking up for a minute she saw the old man standing there. Once again she hadn't heard him coming. She scowled as she looked at his completely clean figure.
"Get away from me."
He merely hummed. "You must be new to this country."
She stepped away from the fountain realizing she wasn't going to get any cleaner. "Yeah."
'What does this creep want?'
"Do you have a place to go? Somewhere with food?" He asked.
Her brow creased. "No..."
"Then why don't you come with me? I'll make you a hot meal." He said and began to walk past her. "I wouldn't mind the company."
Reluctantly she followed him. She didn't care about a hot meal or having a place to stay. What she wanted was the information this man had. By the looks of it, he had a lot of it.
As they walked out of the park they saw the man with horrible hair picking up a card from a table. He pocketed the card before walking off. Kyuma was also exiting the park. He gave Y/n a nod as if saying "nice work". Miraculously he had gained her admiration so she nodded back with a small smile.
"Sir, can I ask you a few questions?" Y/n brought her attention back to the old man.
"Once we sit down to eat."

♧    ♤    ♢ ♡