Stage Two: VIII

[Started: 1/12/2023]
[Ended: 1/12/2023]
[Song: Blind Spots by Dan Romer and Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking. someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Eight
"Jack."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

Chishiya sat in the dinning area. Sunlight came in through the windows and the shelves were still stacked with food. And he was without a partner. But he wasn't completely fucked he had Y/n. Though he only wanted to go to her as a last resort. Not only because he was stubborn but because he didn't want to mess up her cover. Whatever cover she was portraying.

Matsushita entered the room and went over to the shelves. He moved over to several boxes of biscuits, each different flavors. He picked one up as Chishiya made his presence known.
"These cookies taste better." He said holding up a yellow bag. "Would you tell me what my suit is?"
Matsushita said nothing and began walking away.

"That guy your paired with...he's a murderer, you know?" Chishiya said making the man stop. "I saw him in the papers, he's Banda Sunato. He took the lives of four women. Pretty sure he was sentenced to death."
"That's a lie." Matsushita contradicted.
Chishiya leaned against the shelf. "It's the truth. I think he's the Jack of hearts....there's only five of us left, I'm sure the Jack will be on offense now. Your in a good position, the Jack trusts you and your the only one that can lie to him."
"What about Y/n?" He asked. "You could be telling this to her instead of me."
"The girl?" Chishiya smirked. "I don't know about you but she seems a little hostile...I believe she's got some sort of deal with the Jack. I mean a pair like them? It's unlikely."
Matsushita looked down nodding slightly.
"The only person that can end this game is you." Chishiya walked towards him. "It seems you still can't trust me...in any case to make sure those two don't lie to you, your suit is spade." He turned around. "Tell me what mine is?"
"I didn't agree to this." Matsushita began walking away again before stopping. "Heart."

"Matsushita!" Y/n called. "What are you doing with him?"
He looked at her surprised. "Nothing."
She crossed her arms looking at the snack in his hand. "Again?"
"I won't eat it around you this time." He said and walked past her into the hallway.
She looked at Chishiya forming her hands into a diamond.
He smiled and formed his hands into a heart.
She turned and left following Matsushita back to the guard room.

Y/n moved to stand beside Banda the two waiting for Matsushita to talk.
"The Jack of hearts..." he pointed to Chishiya on the board. "Is that guy."
"I also suspected him." Banda stated.
"Don't worry." A look of accomplishment came over his face. "He will die this round."
Banda just smiled.
"Now that we've got that covered." Y/n boredly pushed herself off the wall. "I'm going to get a drink. You want anything?"
"Water please." Matsushita replied.
"Wasn't asking you but whatever." She shrugged leaving the two alone.

Banda watched Y/n disappear down the hallway. "We should lie to her as well."
Matsushita followed his gaze. "I think she's working with the jack."
"Or she is the Jack."

"There are only five people left and I've lost my partner." Chishiya said.
The only other woman in the game stood in-front of a shelf. She said nothing to Chishiya.
"A minute ago that Matsushita guy told me my suit. I think he lied to me." Chishiya told her. "You look pretty honest. Would you mind telling me my suit? I'll of course tell you yours."
She turned away from him trying to ignore what he was saying.
"You seem pretty infatuated with that Yaba guy. That's how a con man works you know."
She opened her mouth to say something but kept quiet.