Stage Two: I

[Started: 1/8/2023]
[Ended: 1/10/2023]
[Song: Derezzed by Draft Punk.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter One
"The Games Begin."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

Y/n sat on the ground pushing around a rock out of boredom. Kuina sat beside her with her head resting on her hand, she watched as Y/n pushed the rock. Arisu was laid on the ground while Usagi sat a little ways from him. Chishiya miraculously was still standing.
"Shouldn't something have happened by now?" Arisu asked.
Chishiya smirked. "Maybe they forgot to push the start button."
"Stage two.....nothing but a bunch of sitting and waiting." Y/n impatiently picked up the rock chucking it far away.

Just then a rumbling started. The group all jumped to their feet looking in the direction of the sound. Eventually they realized it was the sound of a group of cars.
"Beach people. I didn't think there were any alive still." Kuina stated.
"I'll bet their here for the same thing we are." Arisu frowned. "I just hope we get our answers."
"Getting impatient?" Y/n teased.
Chishiya rose a brow at her. "Says you."
She scoffed. "I am not impatient."
     The cars stopped around them and people began getting out to talk to the group. They all looked pretty confused about the situation.
     "We saw the blimps and rumors of the next stage were spreading." One of the women said.
     Arisu looked behind him at the large lit up billboard with the words 'next stage' on it. "Actually-"

     He was cut off by the loud sound of a gun going off. The man in front of him was blown to bits. Everyone immediately tensed up looking around for the attacker.
     "A rifle." Chishiya said looking at the body. "Get out of here."
     As if his words shook everyone from their shock people began to move. Casually he walked backwards as the rest of his group tried not to get killed.
     "It's an anti-tank rifle." He muttered as a shot went right through a car next to him. "Hiding behind a car is pointless."
     "Pretty obvious don't you think!" Y/n glared at him as she gripped his arm to pull him to the groups hiding spot.

     "Has the game started?!" Kuina asked frantically. "Are there any rules?"
     "There aren't any! This is just mass murder!" Arisu replied moving around the structure they were hiding behind.
     "That rifle can fire from a kilometer away." Chishiya stated then a sound of another gun started.
     Kuina recognized it. "I've heard the sound of that gun before."
     "How many of these guys are there?" Usagi sighed.
     Y/n looked up at the billboards and signs. She also watched where the bullets landed. Then she pointed up at the billboards. "The shooters up there for now and there's only one. The best plan is to split up and run. Stay away from groups and definitely don't run straight."
     Kuina looked at her like she was insane. "Should we really be splitting up?"
     "Groups will attract the shooter's attention. If they see just one person running they might opt for a group instead." Y/n explained before looking at Chishiya. "Actually run this time."
     She got up and was the first on to leave the area followed by Arisu. They ran around trying not to get shot. The shooter seemed to follow where they went. Like a ghost.

     Y/n found her way inside of a building. Calmly she crossed to the other side. She could see bullets hit the ground outside and she also saw Chishiya and Kuina behind a car. She groaned in exasperation and left the comforts of the building.
      She crouched down next to the car beside Chishiya. "You guys really suck at this."
     "Remind me what you used to do again?" Kuina questioned her.
     "Hair dresser." Chishiya answered for her.
     Shots hit the car making the two girl cringe and tense up. "Where they hell are they shooting from?!" Kuina frowned in annoyance.
     A shadow casted over them. The three looked up to see the blimp with the king of spades card on it.
     Y/n looked down the street, right under the blimp was a man in black. Her eyes widened and she looked back at Kuina and Chishiya. "We gotta get out of here."
     Chishiya pulled something out of his pocket giving it to Kuina. "Here you go, good luck charm."
     Kuina turned it over in her hand. "What is this a bomb?"
     Y/n angrily looked at Chishiya. "Did you make that on my boat?"
     He smirked. "Will you be mad if I say yes?"
     She didn't answer him. Instead she was looking down the street as the mystery king approached. A little ways away was Arisu and Usagi trying to help another man.

     As the figure approaches Y/n could practically see death following him. He was intimidating.
     "Arisu, Usagi, leave him!" She yelled at them. As soon as she did the figure shot in her direction making her duck behind the car again. "Fuck!"
     The two managed to pick up the man and get behind the car next to Kuina, Chishiya, and Y/n. The man they tried to save however, was already dead.
      "We're screwed here!" Kuina called.
     Usagi pressed her back agains the car. "We'll die if we run."
     The sound of a car beeping came beside them. It pulled up to them stopping abruptly. Tatta hung his head out the window. "Guys!"
     Ann was in the passenger seat looking out. "Get in."
     Usagi and Arisu jumped in first followed by Kuina. Behind Chishiya was Y/n who pushed him forward. "Run like your trying not to get perforated!"
     Just as they reached the car a round object dropped on the ground in front of them. Chishiya's eyes widened. "Shit, just go!"

     Tatta pressed on the gas as Kuina hung her head out the window. "Y/n, Chishiya!"
    The two ran behind a car just as the bomb exploded. When the blond looked over at his companion she was glaring at him. He smiled.
     "I really hate you right now." She said as she looked over the car.
     She watched as the cloaked figure managed to climb on top of a moving car and hijack it. She blinked in surprise. "This guy is crazy. And he is totally going after them."
     "All that matters now is we're safe." Chishiya shrugged.
     Y/n eyes darted around as she tried to think. Looking down the road in the opposite direction she spotted and empty car. The driver and passengers had all been shot. "Bingo. Let's go!"
     "Where?" He frowned as he followed her to the car.

     She got in the drivers seat and started the car. "Put on your seat belt." She ordered.
     "Doing that." He rolled his eyes.
     As soon as she heard his seat belt click her foot hit the gas. She passed through an ally onto a more clear road. The acceleration kept going up. Chishiya gripped the seat as she drove.
     "What are we doing?"
     She kept a look of blank concentration. "Saving our friends."
     In between the buildings Chishiya could see the road on the other side. The king of spades was shooting at Ann and the others. "Might want to hurry then."
     Her foot pressed farther on the gas and they rocket past the others. Her foot left the gas and slammed on the break as she harshly turned the wheel pointing the car down another ally to the roar the others were on. Ann and the others hit another car sending theirs flipping over on its roof.
     "Ouch." Y/n said nonchalantly.
     The rum of another car started getting closer and closer. She pressed on the glass again. A car stopped in front of them the king clearly inside.
     "Y/n?" Chishiya's eyes widened.
     "This might hurt." She simply said as the car collided with the other one. The front of the car was wrecked and impact knocked the wind out of the two. Smoke came off the car as the two looked at each other.
      "I'm never getting in a car with you again." Chishiya told her.
     She snickered at him and got out of the car to help the others.

     "You guys alright?" She asked as she helped Kuina to her feet.
     "Yeah, thanks for that by the way." She said pointing to the king of Spades car only he wasn't there anymore.
     'Oh shit.'
     Y/n pulled Kuina to run.
     "Ann." Kuina called realizing she wasn't with the group. "Where's Ann?"
     "I'm sure she's alright just keep running!" Y/n told her following Arisu and Usagi's lead.

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡