Stage One: XVI

[Started: 1/2/2023]
[Ended: 1/3/2023]
[Song: Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE ONE: Rubatosis
"The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Sixteen
"Hatter's Favorite."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

Last time Y/n met with Hatter it was more than unsettling.
      She walked into the room finding Hatter sitting on a couch in the lounge area. There were two girls on his arms, kissing his neck, and pampering him. In front of him was a coffee table full of alcohol.
     Y/n sat in the chair opposite to him making her presence known. "You wanted to speak with me?"
     He chuckled at her bland tone. "Yes, as you know Chishiya will be facilitating your game but...he is not a very important executive, if you haven't noticed."
     Y/n tilted her head.
     "I might as well come out and say it." He clapped his hand together. "I don't care what he thinks, you will be an executive member as soon as you step foot back in this place."
     'I knew he was insane.'
     Hatter stood up brushing the girls off. "You aren't scheming like the idealists and your not rebellious like the militants. You may not say what you think but in the end you are honest."
     He walked around almost as if he were checking to see if someone were watching. "We will bump Chishiya and those under him down to make a place for you. As you collect more cards you will continue to move up."
     "Is there some sort of motive behind this other than me being trust worthy?" She asked him.
     "The current number two Kuzuryu, he's smart but he's not hard. When I am gone the beach will need someone that is both." Hatter looked at Y/n. "This place can be great, it can be a heaven. But only people like us can make it that way."
     'Yes, he's definitely crazy.'
     Y/n stood up. "If that's all I'll be leaving now."
     "If Chishiya weren't to return from your game, I wouldn't be mad." Hatter stated going back to the couch. "He was alway to clever for my taste."
     "I'll see what I can do."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡

     As soon as Y/n and Chishiya walked into the room a wave of heat and a funky smell hit them. Y/n's face visibly cringed due to being sensitive to certain smells or textures. Chishiya managed to keep his composure.
     "Smells like there are bodies under the floor boards." He commented.
     Y/n silently wished she was in something other than a baiting suit, so she could use it to breath through. Putting her hand up to her nose and mouth she tried her best not to breath. "It smells like sex."
     He chuckled.
     "Though I don't expect you to know what that smells like."
     He did not find that funny. "I'm not a virgin."
     She laughed at him walking farther into the room. "Coulda fooled me."
     "Ahhh you two are here!" Hatter said opening two doors to a large balcony. "I've been waiting. Let's talk outside."

     Outside was a comfortable seating area. Y/n was finally able to breath properly. They sat down as Hatter poured himself a drink. "Now tell me. How was the game?"
     Chishiya took the hearts card out of his pocket placing it on the table silently.
     "It was fine." Y/n stated.
     Hatter looked at the two amused as he picked the card from its spot. "Only fine? C'mon, give me the details!"
     "There were three token hidden in the arena. Those with a token at the end would live." Chishiya explained.
     "I see." Hatter nodded and glanced at Y/n leg. "And what happened to you."
     "I was stabbed."
     Hatter rocked back in his seat laughing at her words. "Of course you were I want to know how."
     "I was in a fight." She crossed her arms.
     "Chishiya, you were there. Don't spare the details." He looked to the blond.
     He sighed not wanting to say anything, he didn't think it was his place. "There was a mother and a daughter there. Everyone agreed to give the tokens to them but towards the end one of the players went around killing everyone for the tokens. Y/n and him fought."
     Hatter looked at Y/n. "And you won?"
     Chishiya nodded. "She curb stomped him breaking his spinal cord, killing him instantly."
     "So the mother and daughter were killed by the lunatic?"
     'No.'
     "Yes, they were."
    Hatter began to slow clap. "I was right about you, Y/n. You will make a great addition to the beach."
     The crazed man stood up disappearing into the room before coming back out with a black silk robe which he presented to Y/n. "Welcome to the life of an executive."
     She stood up taking the robe from him. "Thank you."
     Hatter opened his arms out to give her a hug. Feeling like she had to she awkwardly reciprocated it. When she did Hatters lips moved to her ear.
     "Watch your back."

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     Y/n stood in her room. Kuina had woken up and Chishiya wouldn't leave her alone. The two we're talking about Hatter while Y/n stared down at the robe in her hands.
     Hatter was obviously mad. He was driven by paranoia and entrepreneurial spirit. It seemed he was losing control of not only himself but the beach. It was clear to Y/n that the militants and executives had a rivalry, Aguni and Hatter being the two leaders. The two men definitely had some sort of partnership but it seemed Hatter was becoming suspicious.
     No one had their sights set on Y/n but for some reason Hatter said that to her. It made her uncomfortable and suspicious. Maybe Hatter's paranoia wasn't for nothing.
    "It seems you are Hatter's Favorite." Chishiya took the robe from her hands unfolding it to help her put on.
     Kuina looked at Y/n apologetically. "That conversation must have been really awkward."
     Chishiya looped Y/n's arms through the holes before placing it fully on her shoulders. "Is something bothering you?"
     Snapping out of her thoughtful gaze she turned to him. "No, I'm fine."
     And that was the truth, because if there's one thing Y/n knew it was that she had people she could trust. Arisu, Usagi, Kuina, and even  Chishiya.....At least she hoped she could trust them

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡