Stage Two: II

[Started: 1/10/2023]
[Ended: 1/10/2023]
[Song: Duvet by bôa.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧    ♤ ♢   ♡
Chapter Two
"The King Of Clubs."
♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

"Do you think he's okay?" Arisu tilted his head.
Kuina nodded. "Yeah, but it looks pretty intense."
"Is it really okay to watch this?" Usagi questioned. "I've never seen her so angry."
"I so wouldn't want to be in his position right now. What did he even do?" Tatta frowned.
Kuina sighed. "The list has gotten pretty long. I don't even know where to start."
"Wonder what she's saying." Arisu frowned.

The group found a safe office building to stay in. Surprisingly Chishiya had managed to follow them there despite getting lost in the crowd. And Y/n was very frustrated with him.
The two were in a glass sound proof room. Chishiya was calmly sitting in a chair at a large table while Y/n was borderline yelling at him.
"Maybe we should stop watching?" Usagi turned away from the sight. "We should get food."
"And a car." Tatta added.
"I'll go with you." Kuina told him as she booked her arm with his.
"Uhh what-?" Tatta looked at her confused.
"What you never have a hot babe on your arm?" She rose a brow at him.
Usagi giggled at them before gesturing Arisu forward. "Let's give them some space."

Inside the room things were going incredibly wrong. The rolls had reversed and now Y/n was sitting in a chair with a blank stare while Chishiya stood and scolded her.
"You do realize you drove a car into the king of spades, you could have died." He told her.
"This is exactly what I'm talking about!" She suddenly stood up again. "You have a blatant disregard for your own life and it's pissing me off!"
"So do you! I can't could how many times you've put yourself at risk to save someone else." He shot back.

She nodded now understanding the situation. Both of them had a disregard for their lives but a deep caring for each others. She fumed with frustration as she realized what a hypocrite she was being.
She took a deep breath. 'Go to your happy place.'
"I'm sorry for yelling at you." She apologized. "I just don't want anyone else I care about to die. I should have learned by now, just because I care about someone does not mean I can make them care about themselves. I can't be selfish and force you to live."
Chishiya sat back down again studying her carefully. "Do you even want to leave this place, not for others but for yourself?"
She sat in thought. "I just want to go back to the boat."
He sighed. "I think you have an unhealthy obsession with that thing."
"It's the only place that's ever felt like home to me." She muttered before looking back at him. "What about you?"
He leaned farther back. "I'll tell you if you tell me. You didn't actually answer."
She crossed her arms looking down again. "The truth is I don't know."
Chishiya nodded thinking carefully about her answer. But he gave her his answer like he said he would. "I'm not sure either."
"Well, whatever your choice, I hope your happy."

♧    ♤ ♢   ♡

Tatta parked and everyone got out the the car. Over a labyrinth of shipping containers was the king of clubs card. Chishiya leaned on the car looking up at the blimp as Y/n stood next to him.
"Sit this one out." She told him. "Your not exactly great with team games."
She left his side walking over to a table with four wristbands. Kuina bumped her. "Maybe you should sit out too. Give you a chance to get rid of this weird tension with Chishiya."
Y/n rose a brow at her. "And what about Usagi and Arisu? From where I'm standing they look worse off."
Kuina looked over at the two. "Your sorta right."

Y/n picked up one of the wristbands looking at the sign 'five players'. "Looks like someone's waiting for us."
"Yup." A familiar voice called.
Everyone turned to him a mixture of shock and anger.
Y/n clenched her fists. "Niragi."
A burning inferno of hatred blossomed in her. After all of that he was still very alive. The narcissistic sociopath was still alive and it made her unfathomably angry.
Arisu glared at him. "I don't think I can play with him on my team."
Niragi held up his wrist. "This things not coming off! If you don't want to play then get out of here!"
Usagi picked up a wristband putting it on her wrist. "If we don't do this we'll eventually die anyway."
A smile pulled at Y/n's lips and she put on her wrist band. "Let's do this."
Arisu nodded taking his own wrist band. "I want answers."
Tatta looked at Niragi. "Don't hold us back, this is a team game." He took a wrist band.
With none left Kuina sighed looking back at Chishiya. "Guess I'll stay here and play therapist."
Y/n snickered as a gate opened behind her. "Good luck."

"Registration is complete."
"Please proceed to the game arena."
One by one they entered. The gate shut closed behind them. They found thematically in an open area with an odd pole in the middle. A large screen was posted in the middle of the arena that they could see.
"What is this place?" Tatta looked around in confusion.
The screen lit up with the words 'The Sology' on it.
"The king of clubs team has arrived."

Four people entered the open area. Three men and one woman. Then another man entered. A very much attractive, very much naked man.
"Welcome..." To Y/n his voice sounded familiar. "To our game arena." He stopped to stand in front of them. "I am the king of clubs..."
Y/n whispered under her breath. "Kyuma...."

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧