Stage One Finale

[Started: 1/6/2023]
[Ended: 1/7/2023]
[Song: Idea 10 by Gibran Alcocer and IRON FIST by Yutaka Yamada.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
"Finale."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     The next morning light came through the window on Y/n side of the bed. It was a small circular window that was half submerged in water. The rocking of the boat made the water line rise and fall in a slow rhythm.
     When Chishiya opened his eyes Y/n back was turned to him. Her finger traced the surface line of the water. Due to the rise and fall she would get off course and have to start all over again. For a few minutes Chishiya watched her do this and wondered how long she had been doing it.
     "What are you doing?" He asked.
     Her hand retracted from the window. "Nothing." She sat up and climbed over Chishiya to walk over to Kuina. The girls arm was hanging out again so Y/n quickly put it back before heading upstairs.
     Once she was gone the blond rolled into her spot laying face down on the pillow. With a deep inhale he could smell the expensive hair products Y/n used. Even in a place like this she took care of her hair.
     He smiled to himself as the smell reminded him of the day he met her. Specifically when she was washing out his bleach and toner. Back then it was enjoyable but now he looked back at it with a fondness. It perpetuated the idea of Y/n taking care of him and him taking care of her. It was comforting and something he wanted. He just wasn't sure he could have it.
     With his face down in the pillow he didn't want to move. Slowly he fell asleep again.

     "Kuina wake up I made breakfast."
     An hour later Chishiya woke up to Y/n's voice.
     "Get ready and wake up Chishiya, we're going on a supply run today."
     Y/n returned upstairs as Kuina got up. She stood in front of the bed watching as Chishiya took deep breaths into the pillow. "You've totally got it bad. You seriously sniffing her pillow man?"
     He looked up from his shameful actions. "How do you know it's her pillow?"
     "It's the only one with a silk case." Kuina crossed her arms.
     He looked down at it. She was right.
     "Just don't let Y/n catch you doing that. She already knows you like her and that will definitely scare her away." Kuina chuckled.
     "You don't think there are other things about me that are more probable cause to run?" Chishiya smirked.
     "To a normal person, sure. But this is Y/n, just don't be weird." She told him as she headed above deck.
     He sat there for a minute. "I'm not weird." He looked back at the pillow debating on what he wanted to do. Making up his mind he face planted into the pillow again.

♧ ♤ ♢    ♡

     For the most part the store was empty. But Y/n did find one thing that could help a detrimental problem in her life. Taking the bottle off the self she looked at Chishiya.
     "Olaplex, you ever hear of it?" She asked holding up the bottle.
     His brow furrowed. "No."
     She laughed at him. "Of course you haven't. Just put it in the wagon." She tossed it to him.
     He turned to go outside but a piece of paper fell out of his pocket. Once he had left the store Y/n moved to grab it. She unfolded it to see a bunch of lines on it, almost like a map.
     Something about it felt familiar to her. She looked up from the paper to gaze out the window spotting a subway sign. That's when she got it. The picture was similar to a subway map.
     Walking out of the store Y/n join Kuina and Chishiya. She held up the piece of paper. "It's a subway map." She held it out to Chishiya.
     "I kinda thought it was." He smiled amused at her quickness and took the paper back from her.
     "What is that?" Kuina asked.
     "A map I took off the body of a dealer." He answered.
     Y/n looked at the subway entrance. "We're here. Might as well go, right?"
     Chishiya looked at the opening. "Curiosity killed the cat."
     "Good thing I'm not a cat." She smirked and walked off too the entrance.
     Kuina followed her. "Let's go, Chishiya."

   "What is this place?"
After following the poorly drawn map Chishiya, Kuina, and Y/n found themselves in a large office like space. There were dead bodies everywhere, all of which had been lasered. Monitors and screens cover the area.
With her flashlight Y/n found a hallway. It was empty but she could hear echos coming from the other end. Turning off her flashlight she stepped in.
Kuina noticed and hit Chishiya. "Where is she going?"
He looked up at Y/n's disappearing figure. "Don't know but we should follow her."
They stepped into the hallway as well, letting the darkness consume them. When they got closer to the exit they could hear voices.
"Y/n!" Usagi spotted her and ran to give her a hug.
She reciprocated it. "I'm glad to see you two are safe."
Arisu smiled. "Where'd you go?"
"The boat."
Just then Kuina and Chishiya emerged. Arisu looked at them with a frown. Y/n turned around to look at him.
"Well?" She rose a brow.
"I'm sorry that I betrayed your trust and set you up." He said.
Arisu shrugged. "I'm alive so, it's alright."
      "You know, I'm not surprised you found this place." Chishiya said walking around the circular table in between them. "I expected no less from you."
     Kuina smiled. "Long time no see."
     Chishiya pulled the deck of cards from his pocket. "Thanks to you two I have all the numbered playing cards right here. Thank you."
     "If you found all the cards, why hasn't something happened yet?" Arisu asked.
     The blond moved to stand next to Arisu. "I thought coming here might give that answer."
     Usagi looked down at a dead man slumped at a desk. "What about these people? They aren't the game masters right?"
     "There's probably a hierarchy to this place. Players, dealers, and whoever's above them. We beat the dealers, so if I had to guess..." Y/n trailed off.
     "We're up against the game masters  now?" Kuina finished questioningly.
     "That sounds about right." Chishiya smirked.
     "Who could they be?" Usagi frowned.
     Chishiya looked over at them. "Who knows, maybe aliens, maybe god."
     White light covered the room as all of the screens turned on. Trumpets blared and someone approached on the screens.
     Y/n glared up at the figure. "Mira."
     On the screen Mira began to speak. "With the exception of the facecard games, you have cleared all the numbered games thus far and emerged the victors. A sweet victory you've grasped. By sacrificing numerous lives. I wonder, how many of your comrades have died? Try remembering...." Some of the screens began to glitch. "Those who were shot by a gun." On one of the screens security footage of someone being shot played. "That girl you burned alive." Another video played. "Those struck with lasers."
     A video of Old Man falling dead to the ground played. Y/n's whole body tensed with anger at the sight. 'You fucking bitch.'
     "And those that drown. Those who's head were blown off." A video of Arisu running into frame but abruptly stopped when his friends head blew up. "Those comrades of yours." Thousands of videos began to pop up. "The despair you felt so far and those dying moments that you'll never forget. I'm extremely touched." Mira said dramatically. "All of you players, we would like to give you a present....there will be new games! Let's play together, you'll fight for the face cards!" She seemed ecstatic.
     "New games?" Kuina seemed disappointed.
     Chishiya shrugged. "I don't dislike the idea."
    Mira cried as she continued. "We've still got many wonderful games for you all, so look forward to it!"
     "Is she the game master?" Usagi questioned but no one could give her a solid answer.
      Kuina crossed her arms. "I'd rather see an alien on screen."
     "The next stage will start soon." Mira finished with a exaggerated smile.
     "It's all the same." Usagi looked down.
    "No." Y/n disagreed.
    Arisu pointed to the woman on screen. "This time we know our target."

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     The group made it back onto the street. Fireworks were going off in the sky and a giant billboard lit up with the words 'next stage' on it. Then blimps began to fly over the city. Each with a flag of a face card. The group watched as a king of spades blimp moved across the Shibuya street.
     Y/n looked over at Arisu. A determined and confident look came over him. His fists clenched at his sides. "We'll definitely find our answers there."
     She looked back at the blimp Arisu's determination having rubbed off on her. "Damn right."

♧ ♤ ♢    ♡
End.
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧