Stage Two: XVII

[Started: 1/17/2023]
[Ended: 1/19/2023]
[Song: Owen by Michael Abels and Runway by Bon Jovi.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Seventeen
"Together Again."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

The plants began to over grow the city. It almost seemed as if he had traveled through time. As he walked he found a corpse on the ground clutching a shot gun. The body had decomposed to bone despite having died only a few days ago.
Arisu picked up the gun taking an extra casing off the body before continuing his walk. He found himself back at the Shibuya crossing. Vines grew up the building's and grass sprouted from the ground. He looked around taking it all in.

"Hey."
Arisu turned around to see Chishiya approaching him.
"So you've come here too."
Arisu frowned. "Where's Y/n?"
"Last I saw her she was entering the king of hearts game." Chishiya looked in the direction of the old building. "Now there's only two games left so everyone's gathering in Shibuya. I was pretty sure that you'd be one of the survivors."

Arisu just looked at the blond carefully studying him. "You know, you've changed a lot."
"You think?"
"Yes." He replied with a small chuckle. "Your mellower."
"Mellower? Well, I've been through a lot." Chishiya squinted at him before walking forward. "Would you mind if I told you something about myself? It's been on my mind a lot lately."
Arisu smiled. "Sure."
He took a breath thinking of his words carefully. "I-!"

Bang!

Chishiya stumbled back landing on the ground. His white jacket stained with his blood. Arisu flinched before looking around frantically. Behind him was Niragi pointing a gun at the two of them.
"It makes me pretty damn happy to run into you here." The charred man laughed manically.
Chishiya looked at him from his spot on the ground. "Did you mean to miss every vital organ?"
"I wasn't going to end this with a surprise attack." Niragi stated walking forward. "Okay let's begin, a game of shootout. Now that the three of us are back together, that seems most suitable."
"A game between players?" Chishiya questioned.
"Yes, the three of us are very similar." Niragi told them. "We're oddball who can't fit in with society. We're scum. Even so our need to feel alive is greater than most people's." Suddenly Niragi keeled over spitting up blood. "I haven't got much time left. So let's do this. As kindred spirits, join me in one last game!" He threw and extra gun to the blond.

Slowly Chishiya stood up. One hand held his bullet wound while the other picked up the gun. "I like it. Join us, Arisu."
"Chishiya?" Arisu looked at him like he were crazy.
"I'm sure you despise me as well. Use this opportunity to take revenge." He told the gamer.
"Hurry up." Niragi lifted his gun to point it.
Arisu looked between the two. "Do we really have to do this?"
Niragi shot at him giving Arisu no choice. The man ran behind a car managing to not get hurt. Chishiya shot back at Niragi before ducking behind a car as well. He cringed slightly as his fast movement hurt his wound more.

"Niragi stop it!" Arisu yelled at him.
He yelled back at Arisu. "I'm simply doing what I want the way I want! You guys are all the same way! It's always "me!" with you two! It's always about what you want. You aren't experts on life because you saw a bunch of people die! "Living for others!" It's a bunch of bullshit."