Stage Two: IV

[Started: 1/11/2023]
[Ended: 1/11/2023]
[Song: Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧    ♤ ♢   ♡
Chapter Four
"A Meaningless Existence."
♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

     The two had been running for a while. They checked several shipping containers finding nothing. But eventually Y/n had to ask something. She stopped making Arisu turn to her. "What's going on with you and Usagi?"
     He looked hesitant to answer. "She doesn't like  the world we came from. She doesn't want to go back."
      "I guess that could be hard for you to understand."
     His brow furrowed in confusion. "What?"
    "I will keep playing, but I don't want to go back either. I hated that world, everyday was hell there. Here I have a piece of happiness." She explained.
     A sad look casted over Arisu. "When I killed my friends I wanted to die. Usagi gave my life new meaning. I have nothing now, if not her."
     Y/n smiled remembering something Old Man had said. "Life doesn't need meaning. What matters is that you try your hardest to find happiness. You can be happy staying in a place you hate because of someone you care about."
     "Your saying I should leave you and Usagi behind? Your my friend Y/n." Arisu looked genuinely crushed.
     "I know but you have to let go." She told him.

     He nodded understanding what she meant. "Let's check in here."
     He opened the shipping container. Near the back was an odd electronic box with a red button on it. Y/n walked in. "Well done, Arisu."
    She pushed the red button. "2,000 points."
    Arisu smiled. "Alright, this isn't so bad."
   Y/n walked out letting Arisu close the door behind her. Leaning on a shipping container next to them was Kyuma.
     He lazily waved at them. "You guys are off to a solid start."
    The two just looked at the man suspiciously. He ignored their looks. "Being cautious is boring. Let's battle."

     Without hesitation Y/n held out her hand to Arisu. "There's no need to panic."
     "He looks pretty confident." Arisu whispered as he took her hand.
     "It's a bluff." She replied.
     "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I couldn't help hearing you. You had a fight with another team member? You two..." Kyuma walked forward. "There's a lot of determination in your eyes." He directed his attention to Arisu. "They told me you have faced death many times and are willing to sacrifice anything. So it's strange that you'd let something trouble you now." He turned away from them a thoughtful look on his face. "My team used to be a band. Sometimes we'd fight, but they still stuck with me. There's something I learned as a leader. You can't just randomly lead people around. You need to listen to their feelings and wait for them to come around. When you do that you'll eventually come to understand one another." Kyuma moved back over to them holding out his hand. "Now let's battle."
     Arisu glanced at Y/n before looking back at Kyuma. He let go of Y/n's hand. "Kyuma. Like you said before, if I want to know the truth I should fight with all my might. I want to start by getting to know you better. So battle me alone."
     "Arisu?" Y/n's brow furrowed.
    Kyuma smiled. "With pleasure."
    Their hands connected. The wrist bands displayed the difference in their points. Kyuma had 2,000 giving Arisu the win.

    "You split up your points equally?" Arisu frowned. "I thought they were an important part of winning the game."
    "To me my teammates and I are equals who will either live or die together." Kyuma replied. "Have you got to know me a little better now?"
    'Without a doubt.'