Part 19: preparing

Riftan had told the knights ,they would have the great if the day off,he also told the stable-men to ready their horses for The lord and the Lady would be going out for the rest of the long summer afternoon.      

"Please prepare the Horses,along with a basket of food for our outing as well",Riftan had said offaly cheerfully to the stable hand as maxi stood behind Him,tho he wasn't as,stoned faced to people as he had been years before,it still surprised the stable hand when he chuckled after saying so,

no one but maxi knew as to why he was acting so odd.

(Ahem ahem *Ruth,Yulyseon,and Garrow standing in the back-round along with Hebron holding in tears as the commander walked around with a giddy smile painted across his face*)

As maxi walked away from Riftan silently towards the kitchen,so she could prepare the picnic basket herself ,Ruth walked up to her with a smug smile

"I see you've told the commander about the wonderful news ,Milady,he's been so cheerful today,he even canceled the early mornings training ,and ordered that the knights take the day off"
He said in a calm and friendly tone .

"I heard," she replied ,as she made her way towards the kitchen "Tho Ruth I hope I made it very clear not to say anything about the news until We ourselves announce it,I hope you can send this message back to Sir Rovar ,Sir Nirta ,and Sir Garrow (I forgot his surname :/).
And make it clear to them as well".

"But of course...wait? They know of the news as Well?" He said questionably
"Yes I'm afraid so ,because Sir nirta is awfully nosy,please make it extra clear to him" she said In a firm voice,he could tell she was a little annoyed at the fact that he had questioned her studies in front of others.

"Of course I will make sure not a word is spoken until it is announced please enjoy your outing milady !"he said heartily,more cheerful than he usually would.

Maxi replied "I am sure I will,thankyou for your help Ruth" in a more cheerful tone that she had been speeking in .

The two friends parted ways quickly,maxi heading towards the kitchen so that she could prepare the picnic basket herself,and Ruth heading towards The commander to tell him that his wife had headed towards the kitchen once again .

Maximilian p.o.v

"If I can get to the kitchen quick enough I should have it to myself,for right now they have no work to do,since most of the work is done in the early morning ,other than a
Few kitchen servants cleaning the dishes after the meals,which means I may be able to prepare it all myself,with a little help of course"
She said to herself as she quickly and excitedly made her way from the stables towards the kitchen."
She hoped Riftan would be patient and not bother her with the New surprise she would be making for their picnic .

As a young child,before her mothers tragic death.Lady Arian would teach young maxi how to bake,That was only when the duke had been on traveling trips of course.

The recipes came from generations before them and would continue generations after,even if the empire no longer stood on ground.

When she arrived inside of the kitchen surprisingly almost no one but the cleaning maids were there along with ludis .

They almost didn't notice her as she started to collect bowls along the counter ,but once she had started rummaging among the the utensils they had heard her.

"oh my lady !" they gave a quick curtsy
"please don't mind us well be on our way!" one of the younger ones had said .
"oh please dont mind me,please continue what you were doing" maxi tilted her head and gave what she hope looked like a reassuring s
Smile.