13

For a moment she is completely disoriented as the room around her doesn't look familiar to her, the memories of what had happened previously are coming back to her in a rush. She immediately sits up, groaning in pain at her own actions. 

"Slow down, it won't make it better if you go on about your day." Juno is startled for a second before her eyes land on the familiar man she had grown to love. 

"Strange?" She asks, confused. 

"Yes, how are you?" Juno looks around, this is indeed her old bedroom in the Sanctum... in the Sanctum... Her heart feels like it was just ripped out and stamped on.

"Where is Peter?"

"What are you talking about?" Stephen asks, frowning at her.

"Peter, my Peter. Where is he?" 

"You mean Spider-boy?" Stephen asks, confused. "Since when do you care?"

"No... not your Peter... MY Peter." Stephen squints his eyes at her. "The sandy-brown brunette with those gorgeous dark brown eyes from New York City who lives with his aunt May and fights crime as Spiderman in the neighborhood. Where is he?"

"I have to tell you something, Juno."

"It better be the best fucking news of my life, Strange."

"Is that a thread?" Stephen asks, surprisedly.

"Does it sound like a compliment to you?" Juno asks back.

"Listen, in order to save your precious life, I had to teleport you back to my dimension. So, I did." Juno shakes her head, shivers running through her body. "I didn't think you would find it so bad."

"You don't understand, I have nothing here. I finally felt like I belonged... I have to go back."

"You can't just mess with the multiverse, Juno." Stephen answers. "There is no going back, that's it. Now, if you excuse me, I will return in a couple of hours. I need to punish a certain Spider-boy." Juno watches him leave, her body joilts and tears stream down her cheeks like a river. 

She was finally a normal girl. She was about to enter college, she had an amazing woman who cares for her and the most amazing friend in the world. How could someone be so heartless to simply take that away from her? She never did anything for Stephen to refuse her this. 

Her phone rings but she doesn't want to pick it up. For a moment she considers the pros and cons and then decides to pick up the damn phone. She ignores the caller ID and simply accepts the call.

"Juno? Strange said you're back! I missed you." Peter. But it's not HER Peter. It's not the friendly boy she had met two weeks ago, it was not the boy she wanted to hear right now. "Are you okay?"

"No." 

"I don't know what happened but, if you want to talk to someone, I'm here you--" For a second there is silence. Juno frowns. 

"Parker?"

"Yeah. Sorry. I am kinda fighting some creatures right now. MJ and Ned are in the Sanctum and will explain everything if you find them." 

"Alright."

"Those one-worded answers make me a bit worried."

"Don't."

"Okay, see you later."

"Bye." She puts her phone in the pocket of her sweatpants and stands up. Her legs feel like jelly, but she manages to find balance as if she is standing on a skateboard. She walks outside of her room and looks around the Sanctum. Where would MJ and Ned be?