Chapter 12

(Destiny's POV)
Luke walked me home that night, we took the long way just so we could be with each other for a little longer.
-
-
It was dark as we came across my street corner, the moon was triumphantly floating in the sky. We both looked up reading each others minds. It was still warm outside and it wasn't rainy for once. The clear night sky made me go deeper into my thoughts. I tilted my head just enough to see Luke. His eyes sparkled in the moonlight, I still can't believe I found such a beautiful guy who likes me for me. He looked over at me and half smiled- the smile that gets me every time. I couldn't look him in the eye because I know I would do something stupid just realizing he's there.
"Destiny." He calmly says as he pulls me closer to his broad frame.
"Hmm?" I looked up at him as he looked down at me. I stood on my tip toes somewhat level with him. Our foreheads were touching making our noses touch giving each other an Eskimo kiss. We separate as he stares into my eyes giving me a soft serious expression.
"Thank you." He says plainly..what was that for?
"What for?" I say smiling a bit.
"For being my happiness." My mouth opened slightly but nothing came out, I just smiled instead. My arms wrapped around his warm neck and I lied my head on his shoulder.
"I should be thanking you." I sigh in his ear.
We walked to the porch of my house standing under the yellow porch light. The door was unlocked probably because my mom knew I would be home.
"You can come in if you want, my mom isn't here..she never is." I laugh it off as Luke walks in taking in the atmosphere.
"I guess I should go I don't want to intrude." He heads for the door and I sense of sadness fills me, my stomach starts to ache out of agony. This is what this boy does to me, he makes me sick.. Literally.
"Wait!" I couldn't hold back my feelings and I think it was obvious. He looks back at me with his eye brow raised.
"Stay--please." I try to come off not to pushy, and I defiantly didn't want to sound like I was pleading.
"Well if you insist." His eyes light up as he jumps onto the couch. "Already feels like home" We laugh at each other as I head to the stairwell.
"I'm going to go change, be right back!" I was already half way up but I heard Luke turn on the PS3. Knowing Luke he was probably going straight for Netflix.
I quickly threw off my skinny jeans and shirt and replaced them with a tank top and sweat pants. I looked into the mirror and hesitantly took out my contacts..I wondered what Luke would think. I wiped my makeup off revealing my naked face. I reapplied some mascara just because I still wanted to look nice. I put on my black glasses which had big frames on them, I purposely chose the "nerd" looking ones just because they were popular at my school and if I wore them I wouldn't look stupid. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and headed down stairs. I jumped onto the couch landing on Luke purposefully. He giggled as I knocked the wind out of him. He easily picked me up and threw me gently to the side engulfing me in a hug.
"Not so fast!" He began tickling my stomach which made me laugh loudly, I couldn't help it he found my spot! He smirked at me as I tried swatting his arms away.
"No-please-stop!!" I laughed in between each word. Luke paused and rolled back into his spot on the couch. "Whew! Thank you!" I laughed at him.
-
-
It was now midnight and we had went through a bag of popcorn and 3 chick-flic movies, it was one of those nights. The lamp resting beside the couch was shining dim light making it little more moody than intended. We sat there under a blanket, our legs were tangled together and my head rested on his right shoulder. I'm glad we could do this. Luke yawned loudly sticking his arms out.
"It's been a long day, I think you should go to bed." He said as he wiggled my glasses making my nose tickle a bit. He slowly took them off my eyes and I instantly covered my face. He took his large hands and placed them on top of my small ones. He pulled them away revealing my features. He smiled as he spoke.
"Those hands were made for holding not for covering up your beautiful face." I blushed at his remark making him laugh. "To bed now, you'll want to be rested in the morning." I found my head on his lap as he leans over the side of the couch. I dose off with his words slowly drilling into my mind.