Chapter 20

(Destiny's POV)
I woke up with the raging thoughts of last night. My mind was still trying to process what had happened. I sluggishly walked out of the bedroom leaving sleeping Misha and Claire behind. I was still in my sweat pants and Nirvana shirt, oh well. I didn't bother to get ready and I didn't know what time it was but the sun had already risen so it must be past 7 or so. I walked down the stairs nearly falling down, my legs didn't seem to function right. I jumped from the third to last step and landed sideways banging my head on the wall beside the stairwell. Ok, maybe I should take it easy. I rubbed my pulsing head as I walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see fully stocked selves, hm I guess she bought stuff before we got here. I decided to wait to eat until everyone woke up, I looked at the clock on the wall above the fridge as it read 8:17. They should be getting up soon. In the meantime I guess I can take a shower.
I turned my body to the left going down another large hallway which lead to a big bathroom, her parents bathroom. When Misha and I would come here we weren't allowed to go in this bathroom, but we did anyway. Little rebels in training I guess! I stood in awe of all the memories we shared in here. Jacking up each others faces with makeup, spilling the nail polish remover and knocking over a whole tube of eyeliner. Which left a stain under the rug I was currently standing on. I pulled the soft yellow rug up to see if it was there, sure enough there it was a huge black place on the floor. I giggled a bit as I looked into the mirror. Ew. I don't even want to look at myself. I took off my comfy clothes leaving myself bare, fuck now I'm cold. I turn the faucet on waiting for the water to warm up. I grab one of the many hair ties on my wrist and throw up my hair. I think to myself remembering that the girl Brady was talking to would be here in an hour or less. Ugh I really don't want to deal with that.
Fog starts to heat the room as I step into the warm shower. I let the water fall for a while letting everything soak in. I want these next few weeks to be rememberable, fun even. I don't want Brady or whoever this girl is to ruin it for me.
-
-
After washing myself I grabbed a towel, wrapped it around myself and quickly attempted to run across the house and up the stairs. It seemed ok at the time, I mean nobody was up.
Well one person was, the person I want most not to see me like this. Luke.
"Destiny?" He giggled. Ugh can he stop being cute?
"Hmm?" I swing my head around to see Luke coming down the stairs. I walk towards him casually, like being completely naked under a thin towel didn't bother me.
"Your so beautiful." He smiled as he said it, his deep dimples showing.
I instantly turn burning hot red, I hold my towel closer to me becoming self conscious. "Don't be scared." He leaned next to my neck and whispered into my ear. His soft breath tickled against my skin sending chills all over my body.
I could see him chewing on his bottom lip, something he tends to do often. I felt bad for looking at him. He's so perfect. I'm not. I'm disgusting in fact. I wouldn't think twice about dating me if I were a guy. I can't even look at myself in the mirror, so seeing him, knowing that he's actually here standing in front of me kills me. I can't be as good to him as he is to me, I'll never be able to do that.
I was shook from my thoughts as he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close. I embraced his warm chest before looking up into his endless blue eyes. Ugh, those eyes.
Luke rested his chin on my blonde hair still holding me.

"I love you." My eyes widened in his firm chest.
He sounded so sure, like no other words he had spoken were as true as the ones he had just spoke.

But was I sure? Was I really sure? The thought hurt me. It physically made my chest hurt. I winced at the pain.
Thoughts of Brady rolled in like credits at the end of a movie, never ending. Memories of us as kids.
The first time I told him how much he meant to me.
The first time he hugged me.
The first time he came to my house.
The night I thought our best friend status would change.
It was also the night my heart was broken. The night he managed to make me cry but then make me smile.

The memories were so vivid I felt like I was there again. I still felt the pain I had felt that night. I still felt the warm loving embrace. Almost like the one I was engulfed in now, but something was different. I don't know what it is or maybe what it was but it's different. I felt the same body heat, the same muscular frame, the same breath on top of my head.
But this was different.
The only thing I need to figure out is was this a good different?
Or a bad one.