Chapter 13

(Destiny's POV)
The sun rose early that morning and the Orange light woke my eyes from their rest. My eyes burned as I opened them to see a sleeping Luke. He looked so peaceful..so innocent. The TV was still on and it's light was lighting up the dark room. We were still on the couch, our bodies clung together. I carefully let my body slide out of his grip but as I did he held tighter.
"No--please don't go." He was quiet but his voice was completely shot. I guess that concert took a toll on his voice.
"I won't, but it is almost 7." His eyes were half open as he glared at me. I laughed at him because I knew he wasn't a morning person. We stayed cuddled up for about another hour. My phone was on the side table, gosh dangit! It's too far. PHONE! MUST HAVE PHONEEEE, I thought to myself. Luke slid up into a sitting position as I crawled off of him.
"Good morning beautiful." He gave me a sheepish smile. I smiled back as I got up from the couch. I couldn't feel my legs and they went wobbly.
"Legs. Are. Not. Working." I awkwardly walk into the kitchen turning on the coffee machine. I yawned as I leaned against the counter. I can hear Luke laughing at me as he comes my way.
"Don't laugh at me!" I gave him a sad puppy look. He shook his head. "No head shakes either."
"Mrs.Demanding over here is not having it is she?"
"Nope not really." I giggle as I say it. I open the cupboard above the coffee machine and get out some Vegemite, I knew it was Luke's favorite..it was mine too.
"VEGEMITEEE!!!" He screams as he grabs it from my hand.
"I HAVE NEIGHBORS CHILD." I say just as loudly. Our voices fill the empty house, I still wonder where my mom is. Just as the thought ran through my head I happen to look at the dinner table on the other side of the room. It had a bright green sticky note attached to the top. Without realizing I walk over to it, trying to read what it had to say. It read:
Hey sweetie by the time your reading this I'll be in Jacksonville on a business trip. The house is yours for the next 2 weeks! Try not to have too much fun!

-Mom
Great! Now I have to be alone, again for the next month! Woohoo. So fun. At least I could have Luke over more, that was a plus I guess. Tomorrow I have to go back to school for another 3 days then I'm outa there! Summer break was finally here and this time it doesn't have to end. Prom was on the last day of school but I wasn't going, since my freshman year I knew I wasn't going besides I'll be at the boys concert so it doesn't matter anyways. As I was lost in my thoughts I was suddenly shook by Luke. Oops, I forgot I wasn't alone.
"Breakfast is ready, my darling." He said in a British accent trying to be proper, it didn't suit him. As I look at him I noticed he still was wearing what he wore to the concert. I bet he's super uncomfortable while I'm over here in sweatpants.
"Hey Luke I'm going up stairs to get you some clothes to change into." I said quickly feeling guilty for not doing it earlier.
"Umm.." I cut him off.
"They're my older brothers' clothes, he's at college but some of his clothes are still here so I'll get you those." He gave me a half smile while he sat down in a chair on the far end of the table.. That used to be my Dad's chair. I didn't say anything though, I didn't want him to have to move. I ran upstairs again and threw open my brothers' drawer full of comfy clothes. I grabbed a Batman shirt and some grey sweatpants. I guess it will do.
As I came down stairs Luke was waiting for me. He hardly made a dent in his food, he was probably trying to be polite and wait for me. I sat the clothes on the table next to his plate. His hair was flat and it swiped across his forehead, it looked like Brady's hair.. I thought about him for a moment wondering what he was doing and why we hadn't talked. I've called him at least 5 times a week and tried texting him but he never replies. I gave up about a week ago when he posted something on Twitter. He was alive but he didn't want to talk to me, I guess I'll never know why.
-
-
Me and Luke had finished eating and we took a taxi back to the boys' hotel. When we got there they were waiting in the lobby for him. He never changed into the clothes I gave him because he had to meet the boys for a sound check. I thought we would have all day but whatever I don't mind. I decided I would meet Misha in the park. I thought we could plan our vacation together while we were already there. She says it's going to be a blast, I hope so because I need a break from school and people in general, I mean the ones who treat me like crap. Her parents cabin is in California, it's more of a beach house but it looks like a cabin. I've only been there once when I went with her for spring break back in year 7. It was huge and could probably fit about 15 people. It seemed pretty legit. We were going to stay for about a month but we know how busy the boys' schedules are and we didn't want to interfere. It was only about 2 and a half weeks away and I could wait to spend time with the boys and Luke especially. This summer was going to be great.