Chapter 19

(Destiny's POV)
"What are you guys gonna sing!" Claire said from the bar drinking a beer. She was obviously drunk but so was I so I didn't say anything.
I awkwardly walked towards Ashton's drums.
"What do you think we should sing?" My words came out as a long blob.
"Hmmmm, an upbeat song to get this party started." He smirked and winked.
"Nice" I laugh. "OHOHOH what about this new song I've been working on! It's called "A Moment Like You"!"
"Sure! Let's do it!" He smiled as I ran over to the front mic. Luke was to the left of me and Cal and Mikey to the right.
I calmed myself because even super small crowds like this make me nervous. Luke hands me a electric guitar and grabs himself one, he went to the second rack to get Michael one. Calum grabbed his bass and we were ready to go.
Phew. I got this. Let's go.
I started the song a little hesitant but gradually got more confident.

Tell me how
Tell me how we both got here
We can't stop now
Love is in the atmosphere

And I don't want to lose you
It feels like I've waited forever
Don't know what I'm doing
But it's all right
Yeah it's all right

So please don't leave me here tonight
Lonely on the dance floor
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
For a moment like you

So please don't leave me here tonight
Lonely on the dance floor
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
For a moment like you

Take you off
I can't seem to take you off my mind
Your broken heart
Let me fix your broken heart tonight

So if love is what you're needing
Love is what you're getting, baby
I can't believe it
That I'm here with you
Yeah, I'm here with you

So please don't leave me here tonight
Lonely on the dance floor
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
For a moment like you

So please don't leave me here tonight
Lonely on the dance floor
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
For a moment like you

So please don't leave me here tonight
(I've been waiting baby)
Lonely on the dance floor
(I've been waiting baby)
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
(I've been waiting baby)
For a moment like you

I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
You-ooh, you-ooh, you-ooh ooh ooh
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you
I've been waiting baby
I've been waiting on you

So please don't leave me here tonight
(I've been waiting baby)
Lonely on the dance floor
(I've been waiting baby)
'Cause I've been waiting my whole life
(I've been waiting baby)
For a moment like you

I dance around the dance floor jamming out on the guitar Luke had given me, it felt completely natural, like this is what I was called to do. I loved this, performing with the boys, with Luke.
He smiled at me that whole time they harmonized with me. He looked surprised when I played the guitar solo in the middle, I nailed it. The song was supposed to be kinda "pop" but I turned it into punk tonight, I hadn't written it like this but I loved it! I saw him walk to Michael and say something in his ear, probably about me. Misha and Claire were dancing around the stage and dance floor too. Misha had turned off the lights and turned on the neon ones instead. The whole atmosphere was perfect. This was the best way to spend your summer vacation.
When the song ended I took a deep breathe walking back to Luke.
"Wow.." His mouth was open slightly making me giggle. I didn't realize I was that good. "Your absolutely amazing Destiny! I swear to god you need to get noticed."
"Pfft, sure." I brush off his sweet comment and chug another beer next to Claire.
-
-
I hadn't realized before but Brady had been gone a lot. I don't know why though, I keep thinking its me but I don't know. He seems so distant. I need to go talk to him.
-
-
After a while I finally sobered up enough to walk straight without completely falling over. I decided it would be a good time to talk to Brady.
I walked down the long hallway and turn to his room. The door was cracked slightly meaning I could hear everything that was going on. I peeked in making no noise. He was on the bed calling someone, I listened closer.
"I can't wait for tomorrow! I really want to see you babe." My eyes widened as he spoke the words. My heart sunk even deeper than it already was. Why did this hurt me so much? The fact that he moved on is good right? Or is it bad because it's only been a few weeks and he doesn't even acknowledge that I'm in existence.
-
"So you'll be at the cabin around 11? Ok cool. Love you! See you tomorrow beautiful." The words cut deep.
Who is this girl? And why is she taking away my best friend? Why is this happening? Why is any of this happening!? She can't come to the cabin. If she does I swear to god all hell is going to break loose. Who knows, she's probably a slut who just wants to get into Brady's pants. She'll break his heart and move on to the next guy.
Anger boiled inside of me.
I don't deserve this. I don't deserve any of this. If dad was here he would know what to do. He would know what to say. He could help me, but he's not here, he can't help.
This is up to me.
I have to make the decisions.
I will not talk to Brady tonight and I will get that bitch, whoever she is off this property as soon as she comes tomorrow. I cannot loose him again.

That is my decision. Final.