Chapter 18

(Destiny's POV)
I struggled to drag my luggage through the huge wooden doors of the cabin. I looked back to see a gorgeous sunset, it had been a long 6 hour drive but we were finally here. The waves were crashing against the rocks as the pinks and oranges of the sky settled above them.
We all gathered in the huge living room but dispersed into our rooms. I ran for what I knew was the biggest one, it was the room Misha and I would share back in grade 6. I raced Luke up the massive stairwell and raced into the room. He stuck his tongue out playfully and walked into the room next door. I shuffled along and dragged in my suitcase. Misha and Claire did the same. We all placed our clothes and things in separate dressers. Cal and Ash were right down the hall next to the small stairwell that led up to the party room. Man, I remember this place so much. It was my home away from home. The place where I could get away from my crappy life back in Brighton. I can remember the day I came by myself just to sit in the warm gentle sand. The grains in my toes, the salty air gliding through my long hair. I missed that, I need that, now more than ever. The hate I've been getting these past months has been horrible. Not only am I getting it from my school piers now I'm getting it from fans. Fans I thought would love the boys enough to at least like me. That's never that case. Messages like "A slut like you doesn't deserve Luke" and "Wow I can't believe they're so stupid to hang around with a hore like you" those make me feel like shit. Not to mention the fact that Brady has been a jerk since the day I nearly killed myself. I think what hurt me most is when I saw him look away and slam the door shut as I nearly bled to death.
I needed time alone just for right now. This was the perfect moment to just sit in the sand again. I grabbed my earphones and my iPhone and rushed out the door. I managed to see the boys playing FIFA all sitting on the big leather couch. Brady was nowhere to be seen but I could care less. I could feel Luke looking at me but he didn't say anything. I thought I could see him get up but I didn't look very long so I wouldn't know. I raced onto the beach sitting right in the middle. I stared up at the sky as I turned on my music. The soothing melody of "The Only Exception" by Paramore made me escape my thoughts. I sat there in silence. My mind was blank but my heart sunk. The feeling I have inside of me right now is something I can't contain and I can't explain. I closed my eyes as I felt a warm tear fall down my cheek. I let it fall. I let everyone of them fall, one after another they fell and I didn't once try to stop them. My cheeks were red and my eyes were puffy but I didn't care. The sun beamed down onto my skin, I lied back into the soft sand and looked up into the infinite sky.
"Destiny! Destiny!" My mind woke again. My eyes flew open and I wiped my head around. Luke.
I sat in silence, I didn't know what to say.
He sat down next to me putting a arm around my shoulders. He kissed the top of my forehead and stayed there.
"Everyone's in the pool out back. Wanna come, get your mind off things?" I smiled. He's so thoughtful.
"Course." I replied.
We both walked hand and hand to the pool, just like I remembered it. Except the last time I was in this pool I don't remember Misha making out with Michael, that's new. Luke ripped off his shirt revealing his v-line. My eyes widened as I looked downward then to his face. He smirked and jumped in.
"I'll catch you! Jump!" He opened his arms out wide.
I hesitantly took off my cover shirt making my bright blue bikini top visible. I threw off my ripped shorts forgetting the fact that I have scars all over. I jumped in and as he promised he caught me and threw me off guard when he placed his lips on mine. My eyes widened again as I smiled into the heated kiss. He smiled as he let go for a moment. I purposely made a sad puppy face trying to say I wanted more.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Anything."
"I haven't properly asked you yet so here it goes." I held my breathe as he finished the sentence. "Will you Destiny Grace McKalin do me the honer of being my girlfriend?" His face looked flushed and his cheeks were about as red as Michael's hair.
"It would be my pleasure, Luke Robert Hemmings." He bit his lip as he pulled me close to him.
"Now I don't have to be ashamed to do this." He softly grips my thighs and moves his lips around my neck sending cold chills down my back. He moves to my ear tugging a bit.
"You bad boy." I gasp in his ear. He smirked as he roughly pulls my lips towards his. This has never happens to me before and I'm usually uncomfortable with things like this but with him I don't mind. I decide to play along and I pull us both under water. The water soaking my hair felt good, but he made me feel better. He smiled as I ran my fingers through his wet hair. He brought his hands down to my lower back area and lifted me up completely out of the water making me gasp.
"I SWEAR TO GOD LU-" it was too late, he flipped me over making me splash into the water. I jumped out flipping my hair back. Misha and Claire were laughing hysterically along with the rest of the boys. I grabbed a towel and quickly dried off my face about to head back into the water but before I could I noticed Brady standing on the deck looking at us.
"Come on dude! We don't bite!" Calum yelled.
Shit.
Brady just shook his head and went back inside, weird. I went back into the pool and sat there for awhile. Calum and Ash had definitely taken a liking to Claire. The three of them have been talking all night. I'm so happy for her, her last boyfriend was a total douche. She needs boys like them.
-
I get out of the pool and head to my room to change with the girls while Luke and Michael go into their room to change too.
By the time I made it to the party room my head was spinning, I might have overloaded on the beers a bit. I sat down on a spinning chair next to the bar.
"DESTINYYYY, come sing with ussss." Michael slurred his words. I giggled as I walked over to the stage. "YAYYYYY!" They all say in unison. Brady was awkwardly standing in the back as I took the microphone.
I don't care anymore. I'm gonna make these next weeks count so why not start by singing a song? Without noticing I throw my middle finger up at him and face Calum who high fives me.
Brady looks at me in disgust and walks off down the staircase, I feel the urge to go after him but I don't. I don't need his shit. Not right now. Not ever.
"You ok babe?" Luke gave me a concerned look.
"Yea, I'm fine." I half smile as I turn back to the microphone.

I wasn't fine. I was far from fine.
The last thing I was was fine.