XXXIII

Shelby's POV:

I stood there, gaping at the empty space where Scott was standing only mere moments before.

That.

Was.

Terrifying.

Everyone was in a petrified state, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

My head was screaming to run.

My heart was screaming to run.

But I just...

Couldn't.

Joel was the first to stir, looking around warily as if movement would victimise him too.

'That's my wife," he breathed, uncertainty flooding through his voice.

A look of realisation crossed his face, turning to an expression riddled with plenty.

Shock. Worry. Fear. Awe.

My insides turn sour when I see a hint of pride, but when I search again, it is nowhere to be found.

Trick of the light, I manage to convince myself. It was a trick of the light.

My keen eyes catch Pix, staring aimlessly at the place where Lizzie had disappeared under the waves. Absentmindedly, he mutters under his breath words that I can't seem to grasp.

He looks up expectantly at fWhip, whose brows furrow with confusion.

"We need Gem," he says, finally parting from his long line of thoughts. "Or Sausage, if we're desperate. One of them are what we need to save Scott and free Lizzie,"

fWhip's confusion immediately morphs into a look of regret, and theories start to dart through my mind.

Gem's frozen again?

Sausage's corrupted too?

But before my mind can think of many more dark conspiracies, fWhip speaks in a worrying tone of voice.

"Well, that's actually why Scott and I came here," His tone is high pitched with evident worry. "If you can save them, Katherine, that'd be great,"

Every single expression turns shocked, frozen in their boots.

"Gem and Sausage:

It looks like they're both goners,"

Happy New Year! I hope y'all are having a great time! It's time to cherish 2022 and make 2023 amazing! Each and everyone one of you is amazing, and you need to remember that you are one in a million! Spread kindness and love, make memories and moments, stay safe and of course, have fun!

I love each and every one of you! Thank you so much for all your support! I'm creating a new AU soon, so keep an eye out! 

I am so grateful for everything you've done for me!

Bye!