XXIV

Pearl's POV:

The wind fills my elytra as I soar through the open sky.

Dawn has risen, and still no sign of the Wither Rose Alliance, nor Scott. Yet, the blizzard that had been tearing at Gilded Helianthia had finally ceased after relentless hours.

I hadn't heard from anyone lately.

Until I see from above Katherine face plant into my fields of wheat.

"Have you seen Joel or Lizzie?" she cries desperately as Shelby - with much more grace than Katherine - landed beside her.

As I take to land, confusion starts to take hold.

"What do you mean, 'have you seen them'?"

Shelby's face had worry scribbled all over it, but not as much as Katherine's, who looked like she had been going around and was dying from guilt.

"We've lost them!" Shelby exclaimed. "We've turned the whole Ocean Empire upside down!"

I sighed - the rulers of every empire really lacked communication.

"I was uninformed that Joel was probably dead and that you two had been going on a wild goose chase for hours now!" I muttered in exasperation. "You two check your empires. I'm much more experienced in flying, so I'll whip around the whole server,"

They nodded and darted off, their fireworks propelling them far into the air.

With luck, they'll be somewhere hot in the west, I thought.

So Mezalea or Pixandria? Where would those two lovers be?

Pulling the trigger, my wings clicked open again as I propelled into the air.

Mezalea makes the most sense, I decided.

After all, it is the hottest place on the server, and where King Joel resides.

I braced myself for the worst.

My thoughts immediately pictured the Ocean Queen sobbing over her partner's dead body.

But what I didn't expect to see were both rulers, eyes closed and all, lying sprawled on the ground.

Plot twist! How exciting! Looks like Lizzie dried out after all...

Thanks again for all the support!

Y'all live life, be grateful for what you have and stay safe! You are a once in a million to be standing on this planet!

Love y'all!

Bye!