XX

Shelby's POV:

*FLASHBACK*

The sun timidly peeked over the horizon, pouring sunshine onto the sand like a never ending tidal wave, layering the darkening sky with a plethora of indigoes, purples, pinks, reds, and finally orange - a way to say a goodbye to the world.

Katherine, being led by the hand of her older brother, trudged into the woods.

"Where are we going?" the ten year old asked.

"We're going somewhere that when the time is right, you'll remember," the twelve year old replied.

"But, this vial of Oblivion will let a pink aura around you to let you know when that time is,"

He gently pulled the cork, and Katherine edged away from it.

"Are you sure this is safe?" she asked. She didn't want to question her brother - she knew there was a reason behind his every move.

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

She nodded, her eyes shining.

"Then drink."

He took a sip from it, before handing it to Katherine.

She looked down at the bottle.

It was labelled 'Oblivion' in large, swirly letters, rippling with a clear serum that reminded her of the Bottle of Youth from alchemy.

And he had drank from it.

It couldn't have poisoned him.

So she took a sip.

The potion was unusually sticky, reminding Katherine of the sweet honey that she received as treat food.

She hadn't ever seen her older brother have honey.

"It feels like honey in my mouth," she approved, her mouth full.

"It does," he said, nodding. Did he really know what honey tastes like?

Who is that? Katherine felt dazed.

That's my older brother, she reminded herself gently.

What's his name?

She blinked. It felt like she had just woken up from a sleep. What was his name?

Katherine didn't like that feeling. It felt as though something important had just been pulled out of her brain.

Who was she even thinking about?

She was an only child. Wasn't she?

A brunette with dark, chocolate brown hair with a streak as green as a glinting emerald wore the same expression as she.

She waved, and he waved back before walking into the sunset.

Katherine watched as he left.

He was pretty.

I wonder if we were friends?

They probably were.

There was probably a good reason for him leaving the Overgrown too.

She hoped he'd see him again.

"Goodbye!"

She waved, her eyes smiling.

He waved back.

"See you soon!"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Katherine had a tear rolling down her cheek by the end of the story.