Chapter Three

(Klaus' POV)

I was walking away from the mill to Dr. Orwell's office when I felt a hand slide into mine.

I stopped walking.

It was Y/n holding my hand and Violet with Sunny next to her.

Y/n looked at me and smiled. She squeezed my hand gently and walked on.

I climbed up the back ladder and Y/n went up after me. Violet went up after her.

Once all of us were on the balcony we snuck around and slipped inside the building. We ran upstairs as Dr. Orwell entered the room.

We watched Dr. Orwell hypnotize Charles through the railing.

"She has Charles" Violet whispered as Count Olaf dressed as a woman walked into the room.

We sat there and watched Orwell and Olaf argue.

They stopped when I slightly changed my position causing the floorboard to creak.

"What was that?" Olaf asked.

"There's nothing up there" Orwell said.

"If there's nothing up there than what we that noise?" Olaf asked again starting to walk up the stairs.

I grabbed Y/n's hand and gestured Violet to follow us.

We ran in to a supply closet. And sat in the darkness and silence.

We saw Olafs shadow standing in front of the blinded door as he rattled at the doornob.

He walked away as it wouldn't open.

I sighed and then looked around the room to see a skeleton.

I gasped and then jumped backwards into Y/n's arms.

"Sorry" I apologized to Y/n.

I crawled behind the skeletons to a box.

"Records." I said.

"Records?" Violet asked.

"Medical records." I explained. "I don't think Charles and I were the only victims of Dr. Orwell's hypnosis.  I think it's the entire mill."

We carefully snuck out of the building. I held Y/n's hand the whole time.

"That's why they never leave, and why they agree to be paid with gum and coupons." I explained once we left the office.

"We need to figure out the word that breaks the trance." Violet said, "We can use the library."

"We might not need the library," I told her.

Violet and Y/n stared at each other and me in confusion.

"Are you sure you're not still hypnotized?" Violet asked semi-jokingly.

"After Phil's accident," I started. "Do you remember the word that brought me back to normal?"

"I can't remember." Y/n sighed still clutching my hand.

We walked back into the mill and into the sleeping chamber.

--
413 words

This one is small because I had to cut chapter four so it wasn't too long!

Enjoy the next chapter!