Chapter Six

(Violet's POV)

We were all in the shack trying to get at least 5 minutes of sleep but Carmelita knock on our door and made us go down to Vice Principal Nero's office.

Me, Klaus, and Sunny went down to the office where we saw Nero and Olaf.

They told us that we would have to take a big test in front of the whole school because we were failing from lack of energy.

We went back to the shack and the Quagmires and Y/n caught up to us. Klaus explained everything while I thought about how we could study and do laps at the same time.

Once the six of us got into the shack I sat down on a hay bales and tied up my hair. I felt everyone staring at me waiting for me to tell them my idea.

"Violet it's almost sundown." Klaus said breaking the silence. "Violet?"

"It think I got it." I told them opening my eyes.

"We're listening." Duncan smiled to me.

~

We snuck into the cafeteria and got supplies.

My idea was to disguise the Quagmires as me and Klaus and find something else to use for Sunny.

We found a cake tray decoration to use as fake bangs for Isadora and some pieces of metal to make into fake glasses for Duncan. We also found a bag of flour to use for a fake Sunny.

We snuck into the library so we'd have enough room to work.

Y/n volunteered to be a lookout for Duncan and Isadora to make sure they stay safe.

After everything we ready, Isadora had fake her fake bangs on and Duncan had his fake glasses. We put the bag of flour on a wagon so it would roll around well.

(Klaus' POV)

I walked up to Y/n before she left.

"Um Y/n I think you should have this, so you can watch the Quagmires and if anything goes wrong you can use that." I handed her the spyglass.

"Nothing will go wrong Klaus, don't worry." She stood on her tiptoes and softly kissed my cheek. "I promise."

As she pulled away she gave me a soft grin then walked away.

I stared at her as she went off with Duncan and Isadora.

So many thoughts ran through my head.

Does she like me? No she couldn't we are best friends. Why did she kiss me? It was just an act of kindness. Do I like her? No I don't we've known each other too long.

My thoughts were interrupted by Violet nudging my shoulder.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing- I mean it is- was s-something." I stuttered as Violet smirked at me. "Y/n was just being kind."

"Sure." Violet said as we walked out of the library to the orphan shack.

(Duncan's POV)

We walked down to the athletic field. And immediately started running laps.

We ran for about two hours when I heard Count Olaf shout.

"Wake up baby!"

Me and Isadora stopped and looked at the fake Sunny, it was on the other side of the track! I looked at the rope to see that is was broken.

Me and Isadora looked at each other.

"What do we do?" Isadora asked me.

"Keep running!" I said.