𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰, 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍

September 5 , 2022

Victoria smiled as the black Range Rover her father was driving pulled up next to the boarding school. Through the window she could see her best friend, Maya, and she smiled even wider if that was possible. She opened the doors and ran in his direction.

—I've missed you so much— the princess murmured as they melted into a big hug.

—I'm so excited for this year— Maya said as she pulled away from the warm embrace.

—Hi Maya— greeted Victoria's mother as she approached the teenagers. —We have to say hello sweetie— said Kate, taking her firstborn's hand and sighing.

—See you later— she said goodbye as she walked away with her parents to the entrance of the boarding school where about 20 journalists were waiting for them, snapping pictures and asking questions non-stop while the trio just smiled.

After greeting the management and the teachers, the brunette was able to rejoin her best friend who was already in the room placing her belongings next to her mother and grandmother.

—Hi— Kate greeted and the women stood up to greet her.

—I'm Maya's mother— said Margot, extending her hand.

—Catherine— she replied with a smile, shaking her hand, "Nice to meet you," continued the duchess. Sarie also greeted the woman, but this time with a hug, as the two had met before.

The women were putting the clothes in the wardrobes, when William arrived followed by two bodyguards each holding a box.

—You've got work to do, girls— joked the man, setting a box on the floor and indicating to the guards where to leave it.

After a while the adults had to leave for the parents' reunion with the teachers, leaving the girls alone.

—Look— said Maya pulling a bottle of rum out of one of her suitcases which made Victoria clap her hands in excitement and reached into one of her coats to pull a pack of cigarettes out of the two side pockets.

—How did you get it?— asked Maya with a mischievous grin.

—I rolled it off the guards— she shrugged. —You?— she asked.

—I asked an older friend for it— she replied, eliciting giggles from the teenage girls.

—Hide it in our place— said the brunette, throwing the cigarette packets at her. The Australian nodded and put it under the shelf that was covered by a small cloth so it was not visible to the naked eye.

They continued to put their things away until it was time to say goodbye.

—Goodbye sweetheart— said Kate hugging her eldest daughter with tears in her eyes, —I'm going to miss you— she said again for the fifth time, leaving a kiss on each of her cheeks.

—Me too mum— Victoria replied as the woman wiped the tears from her eyes.

—Goodbye papa— she said with a hug much shorter than her mother's.

—I love you, sweetheart. Be good— said William, placing his hands on either side of the princess's face and kissing her on the head.

—Yes dad— she gave him a smile. —I love you— she blew a kiss with her hand to her parents who were walking to the car.

—And we do too— they responded, blowing another kiss.

That same night Maya and Victoria caught up on absolutely everything while skipping the strict protocol that the princess had.

—If my Gran-Gran saw me she'd have a heart attack— she said as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a tight dress well above her knees, her nails were painted electric blue, her ear was pierced and she had a cigarette in her mouth.

—How spectacularly pretty you look— Maya said, trying to be serious, but the next second the couple started laughing.

—Let's do tick tocks— said the princess opening the app and her friend nodded.

Victoria and Maya had a private TickTock account with a fake name which gave them the peace of mind to post whatever they wanted as they didn't have any followers. They created the account on the sly so they could watch the videos when they were sad or wanted to laugh at their silliness.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had banned their daughter from social media. They gave her a mobile phone so that she could call them when she was at boarding school, but at home she was forbidden to use it, although sometimes they gave it to her to talk to friends, where she would take the opportunity to go on TickTock or Instagram.

***
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Maya's character was inspired by Margot Robbie, as her daughter. I won't go into her life so in this story she will just be a great support for Victoria.

-𝑨. 𝑱