𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰, 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Victoria hadn't spoken to her parents for days, she barely looked at them and whenever they were around they left. Catherine felt she was reliving the same experience she had months ago, she promised herself to make things better, but with her firstborn's attitude it wasn't happening.

After ten o'clock on Saturday morning, and seeing that the teenager had not gone to breakfast, the woman knocked twice on the door. When she did not get an answer, she opened the door cautiously and discovered her daughter sleeping peacefully in her bed. She was puzzled as she never used to get up this late and for a microsecond thought the worst.

—Vic— tapped her gently on the shoulder, which made her groan and turn over —Breakfast is ready— she informed her with a smile, but the chestnut ignored her.

After a few minutes and seeing the clock read 10:12 A.M. She got out of bed to go to the shower and wash her face. Those days had been horrible for her, she had tried to spend as much time as possible with her siblings, which felt great. She was creating deep connections with them, making them remember it in the future as the best times with their big sister.

—Vic, I understand you're upset— she didn't let her continue her speech as she got up from the table with her breakfast in her hand and walked into another room. The woman sighed and decided to wait for her in her room.

When Victoria saw her mother she rolled her eyes, she thought about running away again but she knew she would not give up until she spoke to her.

—Can we talk?— Catherine asked calmly and the chestnut rolled her eyes, but nodded.

Victoria sat on a small couch, as far away from her mother as possible, as she looked at her mother waiting for her to speak.

—You have every right to be angry and I understand that— the woman began, earning a sigh from the teenager —Your father and I only want what's best for you and I'm sorry if we've been too harsh. But with that attitude we're not going to solve anything, it hurts me a lot that we're like this— Catherine said sincerely, but she didn't receive any movement from her first born.

—Have you finished?— she asked as if nothing her mother had said mattered to her in the slightest. The brunette sighed and nodded, which caused the teenager to get up from her seat to leave.

—Vic— called out to her before she left her field of vision. Victoria took a deep breath as she rolled her eyes before turning away. —I love you very much, never forget that— and with those last words the woman locked herself in her office to find a good psychologist for her daughter and herself.

Of course Victoria felt bad about what she was doing and ignoring her parents had not been easy, but she had a lot of anger built up against them and she managed it with the only thing she knew: ignoring them. If he pretended they didn't exist, maybe all his problems would go away, but obviously they didn't and he attracted the opposite, a lot more problems.

When she went to pick up her siblings to play, she realised that her father was already doing it with them. When she was about to turn around to go back to her room her father called out to her.

—Kika, why don't you join in?— he asked with excitement in his voice, it wasn't common to have his four children at home so he wanted to enjoy it.

—All right— she replied with a smile, taking a seat next to Louis.

The five of them played Scrabble for quite a while and Victoria had a good time, which made William very happy. He was obviously still angry with her for everything that had happened, but the last few days had been very bad for him and he hadn't seen her smile in a long time.