𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑰𝑰, 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚

September 9, 2022

The King decided that Catherine and William would be the next princes of Wales, making them the Welsh family. The woman woke early to the murmurings from the kitchen and, intrigued, made her way there.

—Good morning— she said sleepily, approaching her first-born, who was having cereal, and kissed her on the left cheek.

—Good morning— she replied in a sad voice as she returned to her bowl of cereal.

—Can I have a word?— asked the man pulling his wife towards his office which was only a few steps away from the kitchen.

—What's wrong?— she asked worriedly, looking up at him with her eyes bulging.

—My father has decided that we are to be the new Prince and Princess of Wales. We won't be the Cambridges anymore— he said bluntly, clasping her hands, and Kate was lost in her own thoughts and for the first time in a long time she was overwhelmed. —Hey love. We'll be fine— he said, putting his hands on her cheeks and kissed her.

—You're right. We'll be together to support each other and live up to the title your mother carried— she replied with a smile.

—You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You're perfect— said the prince, to which she nodded, melting into an embrace that caused them both to relax.

September 10, 2022

13:30 p.m.

Victoria sighed, following her father up the stairs, "Please daddy, let me go," she begged as he reached for the car keys. Her parents were on their way to the outskirts of Windsor where they would pay tribute to their late great-grandmother.

—I told you no— he replied firmly as he turned to look at her.

—It's because uncle is going, isn't it?— she said cheekily, very angry with her father.

She knew that her father and uncle had had many differences over the years. So many that Harry had left the UK to move to California with his wife and son. The teenager was hurt by that too. He was her favourite uncle, he never cared if she was born in wedlock or not. They were more than an uncle and niece duo, they were best friends. She couldn't say she was happy with some of the things her uncle had done, but she still loved him like the first day.

—That's not the reason— the man replied, not very convincingly.

—Then why?— she said brazenly, folding her arms and staring at William —People would like to 

see me there, and you said yourself that I had to take on more responsibility.

The man sighed heavily and closed his eyes, —Let me talk to your mother about it.

The car ride to where Harry and Megan were was silent, the man's knuckles were white from clenching the steering wheel while Kate only sighed from time to time. On the other hand, the teenager had a smile on her face, nothing made her happier than spending time with her uncle, even if it was under these circumstances.

—Hello— greeted the red-haired boy as he entered the car, giving a side hug to his niece who was standing next to him, leaving him in the middle.

—How are you doing in Isabel's School?— he asked breaking away from the hug but before he could answer Megan interrupted them.

—Hello darling— she said holding out her hand as they were too far apart for a hug and the teenager shook his hand with a half smile. William and his wife didn't even turn to say hello which made their daughter give a little nudge to her father's shoulder who sighed but turned to greet them.

Harry and Victoria talked about Isabel's School all the way, which made the journey more pleasant and they mentally thanked the young princess for coming. —We are coming— announced William.

As they got out of the car, the crowd went wild, which made the youngest girl a little frightened, which caused her uncle to give her a little squeeze on the shoulder to reassure her.

—You go to the right and we'll go to the left— said the chestnut's father, to which the pair nodded. When her uncle left she just wanted to go with them but she knew the press would be talking about nothing else the next morning. The young girl went her own way away from her parents, which made people congratulate her on her independence and she was very happy about it.

—You've done very well Vic. I'm proud of you— said her mother, blowing her a kiss as they walked back to the car.

—Thank you— she replied with a smile and everyone congratulated her which made her very happy. She didn't want to disappoint her parents for taking her and she had succeeded.

—Will you stay for the funeral?— asked the teenager with fear in her voice. She wanted to spend more time with her uncle who nodded his head which caused her to smile from ear to ear internally and just gave a small nod.

—How are the kids?— Kate asked looking at the duo and the three of them got into a conversation as Victoria smiled at the exchange and William just focused on the road.

—I'll come and visit you sometime next week— the teenager said, waving goodbye to her uncle, "Anytime," she smiled, giving him a kiss on the cheek and they all said their goodbyes.

—See, it wasn't that bad— said the chestnut with a shrug. She was right, it hadn't been that bad.

The princess's parents didn't like the idea of their daughter spending time with her uncle, but Victoria didn't care. She knew her uncle was good, he just needed to get his head on straight and she would try to help him in any way she could. When she needed someone her uncle was always there, she felt she had to do it for him too.

***

A filler chapter but necessary for the outcome of the story. I will try to update as soon as possible since I have exams at the university. Thank you for reading!! 🤍

-𝑨. 𝑱