Chapter 19|The Dance of the Blue Butterfly

The sun had long since disappeared behind the trees and the moon was clearly visible in the sky. The light it reflected shone straight through the window of Wooyoung's room. The black-haired lay awake but with his eyes closed on the huge four-poster bed that stood alone in the room and just couldn't get to sleep. he was lonely In the house there were single rooms assigned to each of the group members, which were even labeled with their own names. Most of them were immediately hooked on their new single room - especially Hongjoong, who finally got a decent bed - but Wooyoung didn't feel at all comfortable alone in the large room. It was cold, even though all the windows were closed and he was wrapped up in the thick blanket. He tossed and turned in his bed for hours, hoping to find a comfortable position to fall asleep, but to no avail. He couldn't sleep. At around 3:00 am he gave up and sat up in frustration. An owl hooted outside. Wooyoung hugged his blanket and looked out the window. Were the others all asleep? he asked himself and looked at the door. Would Yeosang let him sleep with him? Or san? He would certainly feel more comfortable having one of his friends next to him. He freed himself from the blanket's embrace and climbed off his bed. He tiptoed over to his bedroom door and reached out for the doorknob. The door opened with a quiet snap, but when Wooyoung had opened the door completely, his heart stopped for a moment and he winced.

»God damn it!« he looked at the person who just crept past his room and grimaced in confusion. The mint-haired man in the hallway was just as frightened as Wooyoung and looked at the younger one in horror.

»Yeosang? What are you doing in the hallway at this time?«

»I could ask you, too. I almost threw hands at you.« Yeosang answered. Wooyoung eyed him for a moment. The older one was wearing one of the pajamas that had been left for them in their room, his feet were in plush slippers and he was holding a cute plush bear in his arms. This sight was extremely strange for Wooyoung, but he also thought it was super cute. The usually cool Yeosang now looked like a seven year old after having a nightmare.

»Are you going somewhere?« Wooyoung asked and Yeosang dodged the question with a counter-question.

»And you? Where are you going?« Wooyoung looked down, embarrassed.

»Nowhere.« Suddenly, another door next to Wooyoung's squeaked. Wooyoung stood next to Yeosang to see who was coming out of the room as the tall black haired one in his golden retriever pajamas stood in front of them and looked at them in surprise.

»Another sneak.« said Wooyoung and Yunho first seemed surprised, then he smiled and pointed to the two.

»Can't you sleep either?« he asked and the two hesitated before nodding in unison.

»I thought so.« Yunho added and closed his room door.

»Let's go to San's.« he suggested, already walking towards San's room three doors down. Yeosang and Wooyoung looked at each other, caught. They both knew that was exactly the other's plan, but were too embarrassed to admit it. Silently, they followed Yunho, who was already standing in front of San's room and was waiting for the two.

»What if he's asleep?« Wooyoung asked and Yunho shrugged.

»Then we'll just sneak in.«

»Don't you think that will wake him up?« Yeosang replied, but Yunho ignored it and cautiously opened the door. The three stuck their heads through the crack and looked over at San's bed. Contrary to what was expected, San was not lying peacefully asleep. He was half-sitting up and staring at the three intruders in frustration.

»You too?« he asked, clearly implying that he too had been lying awake for hours from not being able to sleep. The others nodded. San sighed and shifted to the side.