Chapter 60|Mission 'Everything goes wrong'

(two weeks later)

"Guys, what's taking you so long?" Yeosang said into the mic attached to the side of his face while keeping his eyes on the monitors infront of him. One of the monitors showed him the empty hall, Wooyoung and Jongho should already be in, but for some reason they hadn't shown up yet, what worried the mint haired boy a little.

"Can you hear me?" He asked, but again there was no answer from his two friends. Suddenly another channel started making a little noise and Hongjoong's voice appeared in Yeosangs ears.

"They probably entered the building just now." He said.

"The signal there is awful. Just wait a little, they'll answer soon." A sigh left Yeosangs mouth and he stretched himself, when in this moment - finally - Wooyoung's channel got activated.

"Yeosang." He said.

"We're inside now." Yeosang made a relieved sound and leaned towards the monitor, where he now saw Wooyoung and Jongho appearing. They were wearing the outfits their doubles had left behind. It was really weird to see his friends in the clothes their enemies have always worn, but it was necessary for the mission, so Yeosang just tried to ignore it.

"What took you so long?" He asked and heard Jongho sighing in annoyance.

"Someone unspecific couldn't find the key to the staircase in his pockets so it took us a little to get inside and up."

"I forgot in which pocket i put it! Have you seen how many pockets my jacket has?!" Wooyoung replied, obviously embarrassed, but Yeosang just shook his head.

"Doesn't really matter. It's not like we have a time limit or something. Just get to the electrical box fast."

"All right!" With that wooyoungs channel got quiet again and Yeosang watched them walk down the hall, a little nervous. Them putting the electricity on, that'd connect Yeosangs radio station with the dozen of speakers they had placed in a specific route from the high school to the building Hongjoong was currently at, waiting for Seonghwa to arrive with Yunho and Mingi. They still had to fix one of the speakers, that had been damaged by the storm from last week. The boys had just finished setting up everything for their mission, when a big storm suddenly arrived over the city, damaging most of their equipment with lightning strikes and rain. It took them the whole last week to repair everything, what was very unfortunate. They would've ended the mission already, hopefully finishing off all of the Halateez with their plan, but the storm had thrown a wrench in their plans. Hongjoong was already replacing and installing broken parts of the speaker, but needed a part that he didn't have on hand on the roof of the building where the speaker was installed. Yunho and Mingi, who actually had better things to do than drive Seonghwa around to pick up spare parts from Yeosang. They were supposed to be near San to pick him up as soon as he turned on his speaker. Since the electricity wasn't there yet either and it was necessary for all the speakers to work, Yunho finally drove off after discussing with Hongjoong for eight minutes, first to pick Seonghwa up from the building and then to Yeosang drive and then back to Hongjoong.

"Are they close yet?" Yeosang muttered, skipping through the dozens of cameras they had installed on the city streets so Yeosang could keep track of the mission. When he saw Yunho's car suddenly parked on the street, the mint-haired man changed the channel from Wooyoung's to Yunho's in confusion.

"Guys. Why are you not on the way to Hongjoong?" He asked. It took a moment for Yunho to respond, when he walked around the car, to look at the camera Yeosang was seeing them through.

"The fucking car died."

"What?!" Yeosang closed his eyes and slammed his head on the table. How much bad luck can they have?