Chapter 62|On the run

(a few minutes earlier)

When he was far enough away from the excessively loud speaker and could barely hear the loud music through the headphones, San took the headphones off his head and stood there for a moment.

"Ouch.." he mumbled in a whiny voice. The headphones were quite uncomfortable to wear. In order to keep outside sounds out, they pressed quite hard against his ear cups, which turned red now that he took off the headphones as blood could circulate through them again. The blonde boy sighed in relief and rubbed his ears with his fingers. His earlobes throbbed slightly and he closed his eyes for a moment and listened to the music, which he could hear clearly again now that the headphones were off. She was really extremely loud. He was about halfway between the two speakers and could clearly hear every single tune. After a short while, when his ears felt better again, stopped throbbing and returned to a normal color, San turned around and looked back. He paused.

"Where are they?" He said quietly. Actually, the Halateez should be pretty close to him. The school was barely fifty meters from where he started, so he should be able to see it by now. He turned back around and looked at the street ahead. If he'd start running now, he could be at Wooyoung's position within five minutes. He didn't hesitate longer an started to run down the street. Nervousness made it's way to his stomach and he kept looking around, afraid, that the Halateez suddenly would appear out of no where. When he arrived just a few hundred meters away from Wooyoung - he could already see him sitting on a bench, head leaned back in the nape to look at the cloudy sky - he stopped running for a moment and catched some air.

"Damn.." he gasped and took a deep breath.

"I should run more." He was very exhausted. His heart was running fast inside his chest, bumping against his rips, making San feel like it was about to explode. His lungs were burning. He definitely wasn't used to running marathons like this. When did he have to run like this the last time? Probably back then, when they were all assigned personal jobs, when he was lured to the train station by his shadow double with the red hair strands. He took of his head phones and threw them on the street. The music was off. When he felt a little better, he took another deep breath and was about to run the last few hundred meters towards his black haired friend. He didn't even took a step, when he immediately stopped and froze on the spot. 'I knew it' he thought, as the black clothed robot walked out of the side street, eyes locked on the blond boy, a red light shimmering in them. San hesitated and took a step back.

"You can't be fucking serious right now.." he thought about running past the tall robot. Judging from the round eyes, it was Yunho's robot double infront of him and San knew, that if he tried running past him, he'd most likely be caught trying. Desperately the boy looked around, just to find three more Halateez coming his way from the opposite side street and from behind him. Where did they all come from now? As a total of four they circled San. They all looked at the blond boy with emotionless, red glowing eyes, just waiting for the right moment to attack. San's fear grew. What should he do? He was trapped! He didn't have time to make a plan. The Halateez were slowly taking steps closer, making a chance to get away more and more minimised. San didn't even think about it, when he suddenly found himself turning around, away from Wooyoung, running away, slipping between the two Halateez behind him, who were just too close to catching him with their cold metallic hands. San had felt the Hand of the robot on his left, who had the creepiest resemblance to his second oldest friend ever, grabbing his arm, trying to get a hold of him, but San was fast to pull his arm away and get past the two robots. The Halateez followed him as he ran back in the direction he had come from. He ran across the asphalt as fast as his legs could carry him, closely followed by the Halateez, whose heavy footsteps left a crack in the already worn and brittle asphalt each time they stepped onto the road. Even when San almost couldn't take it anymore - his feet hurt, his thigh muscles felt like they were about to tear - he kept running. Away from Wooyoung. Away from the others. Another Halateez blocked his path halfway back to his starting point. He stood motionless on the street next to a car that was parked sideways, blocking San's path. San stopped in a panic.