Forever start today

24th October

I'm getting married to Colin! Everything is perfect! Mum and dad. I hope you are happy up there. Camille did my hair, just like you, mum and I'm ready! I' m ... I miss you! The tears appear. Your absence is worse today, more than ever.

— Gabrielle? asks Camille, who came to me.

— Mum and dad should be here.

— Yes, they should. come here. She hugs me until I let go and give a tissue.

— I can't wait to marry Colin, it's just .... hard to not have them now. I say drying my tears. I don't want to cry of sadness.

— I know, missy. Do you want a break?

— No, you are here.

She calls for the rest of my preparation and I was finally ready. I admire myself, looking like my mum. Camille compliments me:

— You are magnificent ! Are you ready?

— I'm ready!

Louis joined us with Hortense, who was so lovely. He smiles immediately seeing me. We left the house to go to church. It's time! Camille never let go of my hand. Louis took me by the arm, and I made my entrance. It's full of people. I walk over Colin and ... His eyes lit up when he saw me. He is beautiful ! It's time!

[...]

We are married! I say yes ! Colin and I are now married! The guests are out. Daphne and the Duke are organising the reception but for now, Colin and I are here, newlyweds and alone in a carriage. I can kiss him now, I don't have to resist, the first kiss. Colin beats me to it, he leans towards me, demanding gently and lovingly:

— Now, can I kiss you?

— Yes!

I wasn't nervous. I had waited so long. He leans closer, his eyes in mine and put his lips on mine. His smell came over me at first, his perfume. My heart misses a beat. Fireworks erupts inside me. His lips are soft. He is gentle. He run his hands through my hair. Our noses touches, his breath is there. He is so close, and we are us now. I move a little closer, so that this moment never ends. Colin's heart is beating fast, I can feel it. His hand is now on my back... my lips are more insistent. My heart is beating so fast, I'm kissing Colin... I pull back slightly to see his eyes, to see him. I opened my eyes again and his green eyes ... the most perfect green. We looked at each other and without speaking, I knew he had loved, as I did. Our lips parts, we are silent, holding the moment. Colin whispers my name, so sweet to my ears.

— It... it was...

I am unable to formulate my thought. I run my tongue over my lips, his trace is still there.

— The... best kiss...

— I love you... more than anything, Colin whispers.

— I don't know what I... I love you more than... everything.

We just stood there for a while without needing to talk. It was our moment, just us, for us.

— The first of many, Colin murmurs in my ear.

— Oh yes. I moan.

— I... you're my wife now and... I .... don't know... what I'm saying.

— I ... know how it feels.

I kiss Colin again. The words don't ... don't betray, everything I feel. This time, I am more insistent and cherishes every moment. We broke apart, the carriage came back to my mind and its chauffeur who ... heard everything.

— We... ooh, we're in a carriage... we're not... alone.

— I'm sure he's seen others," he smirks and replies.

— We ... should ... go ... to the celebration. Did I manage to pronounce

— Indeed. I just ....

He kiss my neck and go down a bit. I have the shivers, it feel so good.

— Are you ready to go? he asks still doing that.

— Yes.

He orders the cocher to start, to get to the party, to the rest of our lives, as husband and wife. We arrived at Daphne and the Duke's house. Colin came out first and opened the door for me, saying in French:

Madam.

Mister. " I respond smiling, the same way.

The valet greets us with"mister and Madame Bridgerton," which sounds wonderful. We danced onand on, savouring all the happiness to come !