Oh! Oh! (Colin voice)

— I'm going to crush you," I say confidently to my brothers, thinking of the future game.

— That's what you think, Colin. say Anthony.

— You're going to lose, you too, Anthony," adds Benedict.

I roll my eyes at the sky. No way !

— Welcome ! It's a pleasure to receive you! Welcome my mother the Harrisons and Gabrielle, Miss Bertheau.

I'm glad mother invited them. Gabrielle and I always have a good talk at the ball, as well as dancing. She has a lot of interesting stories and she's excited to hear mine. We've been talking for several dances now. They keep teasing me and reminding me, that I said she was interesting. Everyone knows that now, much to my regret. Yes, she is, but .... she is and intelligent, you can tell and see. It's easy to be with her, like with Pen. She's not here now, she had to leave for a while because of a family problem. This invitation is .... good times ahead with Gabrielle. I get closer to her, Sophie and they started talking. I sit down opposite them.

— Miss Bertheau! How are you ?" I say happily with a smile.

— Mr Bridgerton. Perfectly well, and you? She replies, honestly, likewise.

— Likewise. I hope you will play with us this morning.

— With the stories you told me, yes, of course!

— You... uh, Sophie reacts.

She hasn't started, at least. My brothers and sister will have done that. Gabrielle is more comfortable with us now. When she's not, she has a fake forced smile. Now she doesn't do that with us.

— I've never played, but I can't wait to try it," says Gabrielle.

It made me smile.

— I'm going to go and set up the field to avoid cheating. See you soon! Are you playing too, Sophie ?

— Yes, I want the yellow one," she answered before focusing on Gabrielle. It's the Bridgerton version.

I walked away to the garden and Gabrielle and Sophie continued talking.

[...] The hour of my victory has arrived! The first to the last arch! It's me! I have won! Victory dance! Victory dance! Anthony and Benedict make one of those faces. That got her laugh and then, we were called to lunch.

— Congratulations!" says Gabrielle, still laughing.

— Thank you ! I win! This a good day!

She held back a laugh. We went inside.

— Did you have fun? I ask her.

— Yes! I'm not good at this game, but yes, a lot.

— Fantastic! We all have more experience.

— You've been playing it since you were a child.

— Yes, Bridgerton tradition.

— It's a very good tradition.

— Yes, it is.

We got to the dining room. My mother invited him to sit next to her and her sister. [...]

— Hello again! I say her, she is alone in a couch after what looks like a running away from Daphné and his sister.

She responds with a smile, with the same expression as me.

— Can I join you?

— Of course.

— I hope we aren't too invading.