STRADIVARIUS

ENID

Dear Maggie,

I hope you're okay with Georgie. Tell her Jesus is really fond of her records. He's always listening to them when he's not out. He has actually been elected as hilltop leader, again, yet Tara told me he hasn't found the courage to take your office. I think he still thinks you are going to come back soon. I hope you do, I'd love to see Hershel now all grown up. Tara is doing pretty much everything. I was worried at first when she decided to leave Alexandria for Hilltop, but she really integrated just fine.

Speaking of Alexandria, the communications are still limited, way more than with the Kingdom. I got to say that I sometimes miss Alexandria. I saw Siddiq not long ago when he asked my help for an operation, it's always nice to learn more things. He has become way more than a mentor for me, he's family. I wished he could come to Hilltop but he clearly had something going on with Rosita a few months back. Plus he still thinks he owes a debt to Carl for saving him... You asked about Carl in your last letter but to be honest I don't know much. We've barely spoken since I left. Siddiq told me that Judith and RJ are growing though. I also heard Aaron is happy with Gracie. I once saw him train with Jesus in the woods. They shouldn't do so but I don't think I've ever seen Jesus as happy so I didn't say anything. They don't know I saw them, I was on my own, taking a break outside the walls. I don't go there as much as before. Maybe that's because I have every reason to stay. I mean... Well remember how I told you about Alden last time ? Well we are now seeing each other. It's not like "all official" but still I am happy. I hope you are too. Wherever you are.

Don't worry, I will continue to take care of his grave until your return. Give my best to Hershel.

Love, Enid

Since Maggie left, we've been exchanging letters. I try to keep her updated on Hilltop, hoping she'll come back soon. But to be honest, I don't think she'll before a while. After Rick, things got tensed between the old group and we all went our separate ways. I stayed in Alexandria at first, with Carl. But he was never the same after. I wanted to help but he had changed and... I wasn't part of his new life, not anymore. So after my medical training ended, I chose to go with Maggie, to protect her, help her raise Hershel. 

I am happy I did, Maggie took great care of me in return. We lived in the trailer together, her as Hilltop leader and me as their doctor, taking turns on watching Hershel Jr. We both needed each other after losing Glenn and the war, it was nice to have someone, a family. She wasn't on good terms with the grimes yet she still conforted me when he left me. Well technically I left him but things ended way before. I was sad about leaving Alexandria of course, I lived there for so long, my very first home after losing my parents. And I missed everyone, especially Carl, but I don't regret it. I mean, Carl never even tried to ask me to say, why would have ? I've barely had the time to put my pencil down then someone knocked at my door.

"Come in !"

I yell from my desk while putting the letter in an envelope with the name Maggie on it.  I turn around to see Alden opening gently the door. His eyes meets mines and he smiles. My younger self would've never believed it if I told her I was with Alden now. I still wonder how it happened. I think it just did. He was close to Maggie and so we spend a lot of time together. As friends at the start. But then things changed when an epidemic stroke our community. As the only doctor, and a new one, I was all over my head. Alden is the one who helped me, even though he could get sick, he stayed by my side and helped me. When I lost faith and freaked out because I couldn't help everyone, he's the one who hugged me, who reassured me. I will always be grateful for it. I return his smile. 

"Aren't you suppose to be helping Earl ?" I ask while getting up to greet him with a kiss.

"I was but then I went to see Tara to ask her for a quick mission outside the walls to go get more scrap or iron, anything really."