what just happened.. - five

Duncan's pov

I began cleaning the tables as Courtney was sweeping. Chef was on his phone sitting down. I wiped the tables down with the towel I had then started adding water and stuff. Courtney and I accidentally bumped into each other and she made a big deal out of it right away. "Watch it!" she rolled her eyes.

"Will you calm down? It was an accident," I yelled. "QUIET!" Chef yelled. She glared at me before turning back to keep sweeping. I rolled my eyes then continued to wipe the table I was at.

An hour later

The both of us finally finished and left the stuff by the door. I walked out the cafeteria and Courtney followed behind. We didn't say anything to each other. I walked out the school and texted Geoff. Shit. Geoff was my ride. "I'll be there in a minute, nearby," he texted back. Great, now I need to wait. I quickly sat on the ground by a wall. Courtney walked out the school and sat at the bench by the door.

"Why are you still here?" I asked. "None of your business," she quickly yelled. "Okay jeez, you need to losen up," I quickly looked up at the sky. "Oh shut it, you got us into detention," she complained once more. "Don't act so innocent, you're also to blame," I stood right in front of her. She got up and crossed her arms. "Don't even try anything shortie," I laughed at her. She glared at me without saying anything. Suddenly she stopped looking at me angry and just stared at me. I stared back. The silence was very loud.

"Duncan-"

BEEP!

She was cut off by a car beeping. We both snapped out of it and looked over. Geoff and Bridgette were here. I looked back at Country and she looked at me before walking off. I followed behind. "Oh brother, don't tell me they're giving you a ride too," she shook her head. "Yes they are," I smirked as I got into the car as well. Geoff looked at me through the mirror. He looked confused, im guessing it's because of what they saw when they got here. I shook my head no and he looked away.

At Geoff's

Bridgette dropped us off at Geoff's so that she could go take Courtney alone. Geoff unlocked his door and we walked inside. DJ was in there on the couch. "You left DJ alone here?" I asked as I sat next to him. "Yea, I wasn't even going to go, Bridgette texted me because she didn't want to pick you two up alone," he explained. "Makes sense," I shrugged. "So.. what happened when we got there?" he finally asked. "To be honest.. I don't know," I said. "You don't know?" DJ asked. "We were arguing, the next minute.. we were both staring at each other," I explained. "Dude it looked like you guys were going to kiss!" Geoff shouted.

"I think we were going to.." I shook my head. My phone started ringing, I looked at it.. Gwen. "Holy shit, I forgot about Gwen," I panicked. "HOW DO YOU FORGET YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" DJ shouted. I told them to shush and picked up. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey! How was Detention," she asked. "Um.. good," I slowly said. "Was Courtney bothering you?" she laughed. "Uh no. We didn't even talk actually," I said. "Oh ok, well I just wanted to ask how it went. I should go," she said. "Bye.." I slowly said as she hung up. "Shit, Courtney better not tell her about it," I said.

"It didn't look that intense, maybe she won't," Geoff added. I sighed then laid back on the couch. "Let's just watch the movie," I said. They were already watching a movie before I got here.

Bridgette's POV
The Next Day

Courtney, Zoey, and I finally arrived to school and stepped out of my car. "Courtney takes forever to get ready," Zoey giggled. "I woke up late, I was up studying," she sighed. "It's only the second day," I said. "I know, but I might run for class president," she smiled. "Ooo yes! Zoey and I will be rooting for you," I cheered.

"Yeah!" Zoey smiled. "Thanks guys, let's hope I don't run against someone popular," she laughed. We made it to the front, Geoff, DJ, Gwen, and Duncan were there. "Hey babe," Geoff waved at me. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Hey," I smiled. "Hey Court, hey Zoey," Gwen waved at them. "Hi!" they both waved back. "Let's get going, I need to find Mike," Zoey giggled. "I'll catch you later," I said to Geoff before I kissed him.

As I followed behind them, I saw Duncan staring at Courtney walk off. His girlfriend is right there! What a weirdo. "Zoey!" someone said. We all looked over, Mike was walking to us. "Hi Mike!" she smiled as she hugged him. "I hate being the single one in this group," Courtney face palmed. "What was that I heard?" someone asked. I looked back, it was Scott. "I recognize that voice," Courtney sighed before turning slowly. "Yep," she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not that bad babe," he smiled. "You are, we broke up for a reason," she chuckled. "Let's go guys," she said. We started walking off when he said something that made Courtney stop. "Yeah because you wanted Duncan but he ended up with Gwen again," he said. She turned around and walked up to him. "I never wanted him back. After world tour we've been done, I just realized what a weird loser you are and I shouldn't be with someone like you," she glared at him.

"Let's go before you get yourself more detention," I ran over to her. I grabbed her arm and pulled away from him. "Yeah we'll see who the loser is," he chuckled. We headed to Zoey's class to drop her off and then we headed to Biology. Duncan, Geoff, and DJ were in there. Courtney and I sat at the table we sat at last yesterday. DJ walked over to us and sat by Court. "Hey guys, just wanted to talk for a bit," he smiled. "Hi DJ," we both smiled.

"How was your first day yesterday?" he asked us. "It was good!" I smiled. "Bad, I have detention today too," Courtney sighed. DJ and I both laughed. "And it's Tuesday, don't worry it'll go by fast," he smiled. "I hope so," she crossed her arms. "Hey everyone! I have news!" Geoff shouted. I looked back at him confused. "My bros and I are throwing a party Friday Night at my place! Everyone from Total Drama is invited!" he shouted again. The class all cheered and I shook my head. He walked over to us and sat next to me.

"You didn't tell me you were going to throw one," I said. "Duncan, Dj, and I just thought of it when we got to class," he put his arm around me. "Courtney are we going?" I asked. "No," she right away replied. She looked a bit annoyed. "Just think about it! It'll be a good one," Geoff smiled. I know why, Duncan. She looked even more annoyed, she looked over at Duncan who was on his phone. Oh brother.

word count: 1222