cute dresses - sixteen

Heather's POV

Homecoming is next Saturday and today is Friday. Which means I have like a week to find the best dress! Obviously mine WILL be the best one. I finally finished my makeup and grabbed my wallet and phone. I checked my messages but no texts. Ugh what could Lindsay be doing that she can't text me back. My phone buzzed and I looked. "Busy with Beth can't go!" she wrote back. I rolled my eyes and stormed out my room. Fine! I don't need her then. I grabbed my car keys and left my house. I got into my car and started it. I'll just go alone then.

I buckled up and began to drive. Great, now the car ride is quiet. But i'm used to it, having no friends means i'm always alone. I was at a red light and I looked over. That's when I saw the car next to me, it was Tyler, Lindsay was in the passenger and Beth was in the back. They were laughing and didn't notice me. I quickly looked away and faced ahead. Well.. this is what I get for being a mean girl. I watch everyone have fun with each other while no one wants to talk to me. I sighed and played some music to distract myself. Suddenly I remembered about someone who I get along with a little. I pulled my phone and called them. The light turned green so I placed my phone down while on speaker.

"Hello?" Noah answered. "Hi Noah," I said. "Heather? What's up?" he asked. "Want to come with me to the mall?" I asked. "Sure why not," he replied. I smiled as I heard him reply. "Okay! Send me your address and i'll pick you up," I said. He said okay and hung up. He texted me the address so I drove there. It took me a few minutes to get there, I texted him when I was outside and he came out. "Hey," he said as he got in. "Hi," I waved. "So we're friends?" he laughed. "Well no one else really talks to me," I shrugged. "Yeah I get you, but you're not bad so I agreed," he explained. "I feel like we got along after the beach," I giggled. "Oh for sure, I mean I started talking to Courtney and her little group after the party," he explained.

"Yeah I've seen," I said. We hit a red light and I looked over at him. "I think you should try talking to people," he suggested. "No one wants to talk to me, and I don't really like any of them," I rolled my eyes. "I mean it's better to have some friends then have no one, if i'm being honest. Being alone all the time got boring," he explained. "That's how i'm feeling recently. I'm so mean to everyone that no one wants to talk to me anymore," I sighed. "You can hang with us, and us I mean Bridgette, Zoey, Courtney, and I," he smiled at me. "You've become such a nice guy," I giggled. "Ew no, i'm just not a loner anymore," he laughed. We continued talking more and made it to the mall a few minutes later.

A few stores later

"I liked that maroon dress on you," Noah pointed at the dress I had in my left hand. "Really? I liked the black one," I looked over at my right hand. "Well they're both good options," he shrugged. "What suit did you like?" I asked. "The last one I tried," he said.  "Oo that one was cute," I agreed with him. "Noah? Heather?" someone asked. We both looked over confused. Courtney was here. But with.. SCOTT?? "Courtney and Scott?!?" we said at the same time. "Yeah," Courtney laughed. "That's such a weird duo," Noah looked at them confused. "Literally, why are you two at the mall together?" I asked. "Well I have to look for a dress and Scott wanted to hangout, so he came with me," she explained. "What about you two?" she asked us in return.

"Yeah you guys don't even like each other," Scott looked at us weirdly. "Actually, we've been talking more recently," Noah explained. "Yeah, I invited him to come with me to look for a dress," I explained as well. "Ohh ok so we basically have the same reason," Courtney laughed. She looked at my dresses and gasped. "Oh my gosh that maroon one is so pretty! You should get it," she smiled at me. "That's exactly what I told her!" Noah said. "Look," Noah said again, pulling out his phone. I'm assuming he's showing her the photo he took of me. "OH YES THATS THE ONE!" he clapped her hands. "Okay i'm getting this one then," I smiled. "Yes!" they both smiled as well.

Courtney's POV

That dress looked so cute on her! It's to die for. "Are you getting that suit?" Heather asked Noah. "Yeah, just to get it out the way," he shrugged. "What color are you going to get?" she then asked me. "I'm thinking like a green. Like an emerald green," I explained. "STOP that would look so cute!" Heather smiled. "Are you matching her?" Noah asked Scott. "Uh no," he rubbed the back of his head. "Boring," they both teased him. "Guys!" I glared at them. They giggled and sat down. "We can wait for you guys, we should go eat somewhere all together," Heather suggested. "Okay sounds good!" I smiled. I grabbed Scott's hand and pulled him over with me. "Let's look at the dresses now," I began looking through them.

"This one is nice," Scott pointed at one. "Oo that is nice!" I smiled. It was a cute short one. Homecoming is more short dresses and Prom is for the long ones. "I'll try on the one you picked and this other one I saw," I showed him both. He nodded his head and I walked into the changing room. I quickly undressed and put on the one he picked first. I finished and looked in the mirror. This one is so freaking cute! I stepped out and showed them. Scott was standing there and looked at me as I came out. His face started turning RED. Heather gasped and Noah smiled. "This one is so cute!" she said shocked. "Yeah I really like it," Noah agreed with her. The three of us turned over to Scott.

"Scott?" Heather waved her hand in his face. "What?! OH! UM" he stuttered. "You look pretty," he looked away from me. I giggled and stepped back in. I heard them whispering with him as I stepped back inside. I took off that dress and put on the other one. This one is cute but the other one was cuter. I stepped out again and showed them the last one. "This is so cute too! But I really liked the one Scott picked for you," Heather said. "Same honestly," Noah agreed. "Still pretty.." Scott said again. I smiled and walked back in. I placed both dresses back on their hangers and put on my normal clothes. "Okay so i'm getting the one Scott picked," I smiled.

"You aren't trying clothes on?" Noah asked. "No," Scott shook his head no. "You sure?" I asked. He nodded his head so I shrugged. "Let's pay then guys," I said. We got in line and each paid for our things. I paid first so I went over to Scott to wait. "I'll hold it," he grabbed the bag. "Okay thanks," I smiled. "So why don't you want to try on any suits?" I asked him. "I'm not sure i'm even going," he shrugged. "What?! Why?" I asked. He shrugged again. "Well I say go! It's our last homecoming," I suggested. "I'll think about it," he smiled. Heather and Noah finished paying and walked over to us. "Where should we eat?" Noah asked. We walked out the store and started heading towards the exit. "Uhh, i'm craving pasta to be honest," I giggled. "OMG SAME," Heather agreed with me.

"Let's go get some then!" Scott said. "Meet us there then," Noah said. We split up since we obviously came in different cars. "I just realized you and Noah hung out, the president and vice president," I giggled. "Oh yeah," he laughed. "Speaking of president, how have the meetings been," I asked. "Honestly, it's a lot," he shrugged. We pulled out the mall and started driving away. "Really?" he asked. "I need to do the speaking and shit since i'm president," he said. "Oh yeahh, you need alot of planning to do for all the events," I said. "Oh gosh this is a lot," he gave palmed. I giggled a bit. "Good luck," I laughed. A few minutes later we made it to the place. We parked right next to them and headed inside. As we were going in, Geoff and Duncan were coming out.

"What the," Duncan looked at us confused. "Hey guys!" Geoff waved. "Hi!" I smiled. Duncan and Scott glared at each other. "This friend group is weird," Duncan looked at us weird. "I know, random," Noah chuckled. "Well you guys enjoy," Geoff smiled at us. "Thanks," I smiled back. They walked out and we walked in. "Well that was awkward," Noah laughed. "Honestly," Heather and Scott said at the same time. Scott and Duncan have been having a lot of tension recently.. it's weird to be honest.

word count: 1583