Family Reunion Part II

I feel a quick yank and Kota's grip on my arm and the hand that I dreaded on my shoulder was taken off. Randy holds me close in a very protective manner. He has his arm protectively sticking out to give some separation between him and us. Kota and Neveah looks at the three of us startled by not only the quick actions taken place but the words that left his mouth. He on the other hand looked at Randy with an impressed expression.

"Quick reflexes kid. Quite impressive it's nice to see my niece is being taken well care of."

'Let me take over!'

"Y-You're not supposed to be here." I trembled out while clinging to Randy.

'I can protect us!'

"Shouldn't I be saying the same to you?" He said stepping closer to us.

"Zahair!" I hear Neveah strict shout out to him and I see Kota pulling on his arm his smile long gone and a blank expression is replaced. My uncle freezes and looks back at the two before sighing. He retreats back over to where Neveah is and Kota follows still holding onto his sleeve.

"Please forgive me my love I didn't mean to cause a ruckus after being gone for so long." He says to her softly while pouting and pulling her in and resting his head on her shoulder. I stared at them confused. She sighs and rolls her eyes before patting his hair.

"So are you going to explain anything and apologize?" She asked obviously not falling for his ways of pleasing her. I hear him sigh and see him stand up straight and looks over to me while his hand moves on top of Kota's head once again and ruffles it a bit and brings it close to his side.

"Calm down, I'm not your father." He simply states

"I'm not returning you to that hell pound if that's what you think is gonna happen." He finishes off. After hearing this I stop shaking and Randy takes notice.

"Is this guy really your uncle (Y/n)?" I hear him ask me softly.

"I have been calling her my niece this entire ti-"

"I'm talkin to her not you! I wanna hear it from her, I'm not just gonna take the word of some stranger." Randy said standing his ground.

"You impress me more and more boy."

I muttered something under my breath.

"Huh say that again (Y/n)." Randy asked gently his focus back on me

"Don't... talk to him like that." I strain out. After hearing that my uncle huffs and lols his head to the side with an eye roll.

"I see your manners for the hierarchy is still intact, you gotta fix that." I hear him say in boredom laced with disappointment. I don't meet his gaze and continue to look at Randy's hand holding mine while taking shallow breaths and trying to calm down.

"In all that talk I didn't hear a damn sorry nor an explanation from you dear." I hear Neveah voice again but her patience was definitely running thin and this was my first time hearing her like this.

"I'm sorry (Y/n), for everything. For intimidating you like this and for everything that happened... back at home."

"That isn't my home anymore..." I mumbled out while firmly looking up at him. He snorts and a smug look replaces his bored and disappointed look towards me.

"Well well looks like you do got some rebellion in you. It makes sense considering you ran away with stolen valuables and a shit ton of cash." He teases out with a chuckle. I stopped clinging on to Randy and but continued to hold his hand and started to breathe normally. There wasn't much he could do right now we were in a public setting.

"Despite it being a "shit load" it didn't make a fucking dent in the clans bank account now did it?" I muttered with spite. He threw his hands up walking towards me chuckling.

"Well ya got me there my dear (Y/n)!" He happily exclaims wrapping his arm around my shoulders and putting me in a semi headlock. I can feel Randy shooting daggers over at him still.

"Neveah and Kota this is my darling lil niece (Y/n). She's a runaway from the clan a pretty exciting and rare occurrence! I'll answer more of your questions later my love I promise but I can't explain too much in public."

"You... ran away? Do you need a place to stay?" Randy looks over at me worried. I push my uncle off of me and huff out.

"You're a lot different back there than how you act here." I said narrowing my eyes at him. What I was witnessing was a whole other side to him. He always walked around bored as shit with the expression that said he couldn't give a damn either way. The only time it was any different was...

"I'm fine Randy don't worry I have a place and I'm doing just fine."

"Well now that we got that taken care of! (Y/n), Neveah is the mother of my children and the love of my life. Kota is my dearest youngest son and Zuri is my-" Zahair begins to explain to me but I quickly understood.

"Your oldest daughter and second eldest." I replied looking down at Kota bringing the pieces together.

"Ah you get it." He says but his chipper tone takes a dip.

"I guess it's a little convenient that you're these kids father... and explains away a lotta things actually." I say giving him a knowing look. He looks back at me his lazy grin gone and the expression I was more acquainted with appeared. Before he can ask a question we were interrupted by cheers and the kids soccer teams hit the field. We failed to pick a spot at the bleachers on our side, some brought picnic blankets to sit or foldable chairs. People had snacks and drinks and all kinds of stuff. While we were all distracted with each other we failed to pick any seats on the bleachers.

"We'll talk about this later. Right now (Y/n) has a guest with her and we're all here to watch Zuri play okay? For now let's pause this and resume at a more convenient time."

"(Y/n) welcome to the family dear I'm very happy to see a sweet girl like you apart of our little family."

"Who the hell said she's apart of our fa-"

"I did."

"Yes dear."

Randy pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arm around my waist. I felt a blush coming up from the sudden affection.

"I didn't know that you were going through so much. Don't worry I'm here to help you I know we haven't known each other for too long but you can always lean on me. I won't pry too much and I won't tell the others but I'm here for you." He says to me I can hear the sincerity in each word and I felt secure. We all stood there on the sidelines away from the crowd. I guess in the end it was good we didn't pick seats over at the bleachers because Zuri could easily spot all of us. Her eyes immediately flickered with joy and I raised my other hand that wasn't holding Randy's to wave excitingly at her.

Her dad brought a smile to her face considering the fact he's probably been away for so long. The kids went to their spots and the goalies were at their designated goal. Zuri had her game face on and I could hear Randy lean over and whisper to me.

"Which team am I rooting for?" Randy whispers and I chuckled and replied.

"The black and purple is our team and the yellow and white is the other school." I replied pointing at each team to distinguish the two.

"Alright understand. Black and purple is was cooler anyway." He says with a smug.
_________________________________
Author Note:.... Waz good y'all? *sweats*