Old friend

__Norrisville High Cafeteria__
~(Y/n) POV~
*Monday 11:36 am*

"Hey guys got a spot for me?" I asked when I walked over to a familiar group of boys at a lunch table. Even though there was already a spot for me I seem to make it a habit every time at lunch.

"Pfft stop asking that question every time you come over. You know we'll always have a seat waiting for you." Danny said while patting down the seat next to him. I smiled at him before sitting down between him and Jake. Howard and Randy was sitting next to each other in front of me.

"I pray something doesn't happen during lunch time." I sighed before picking up (f/n) and taking a from bite it. Lately I've been tiring myself out with all the workload. Go to school, do school work, defeat monster, go to work on scheduled days, defeat a monster again if seen, go home, do homework yata yata yata. I can barely stand it.

"I'm with you on that one." Howard agreed while taking a big bite of his sloppy joe and stuffing his face with fries. Randy opened his mouth to say something but was unfortunately unable to get anything out when the ceiling above us gave out and collapse. The debre was only a few feet away from us, luckily no one got hurt. There in the center of it all was a creature that was about six feet tall it's bone mask and form represented a bat. It's body was black with glowing dark purple patterns etched on the wings. We all turned to look at each other with wide eyes with worry and annoyance leaking out of our facial expressions.

"You know what fuck this bullshit. I'm eating if that's the last damn thing I do. Guys I'll be in the nearest bathroom." Howard grabbed my attention when he violently stood up and grabbed his tray and calmly walk out the cafeteria door throughout the hysteria.

Dear god Howard is such a mood right now and I love it.

Randy immediately stood up and yanked his bookbag.

"I'll be with Howard, (y/n) you should go somewhere safe too. See you guys later!" He yelled out while chasing after Howard. Danny and Jake soon followed suit after giving me the same advice while grabbing their stuff. The blue tables around the monster were either crushed or flipped over. I grabbed my things and jumbed and ran around a few tables and other obstacles before exiting the cafeteria. I skidded into the hallway and was mixed with a panicked crowd.
While I was blending with the crowd I saw a Janitors closet in the distance on my side. After surfing through the crowd for a while that is.

'Please be unlocked. Please be unlocked. Please be unlocked!'

I was violently pushed closer to the wall I winced in pain but was grateful for the advantage of getting closer to the closet. I grabbed onto the nob and it opened with ease with a slight twist. I silently cheered while going inside the cramped space. I slid down to the ground and sat down lazily and took a couple breaths.

"Ah... I hate... Hysteric... Crowds." I gasped out between breaths. I was holding my breath and sucking in my stomach to maneuver and squeeze through the crowd without being stomped on. Now that I'm able to breath freely I felt a little worn out.

'Get back out there you have the mask don't you?'

"Of course. I just have to wait till the hallway is clear " I replied while pulling out a cat like mask from my bag. I waited a while and when it sounded like the coast was clear I got up and shoved the mask to my face. I felt my transformation began. Due to the small closed off space in the closet my transformation was brighter than ever. I flung the door open with my sword ready. The hallway was empty as expected and I dashed back to the cafeteria. I saw the double doors in sight and jumped with my foot sticking out and kicked the doors open. I gently landed on my feet and looked up.