April 27, 3008: The One I Would Call King

Sorry if this chapter is a bit long ('°ω°')
—————————————————————
That was amazing, this group sure is a riot to be with. Everyone suddenly goes silent as we all hear a knock on the door. "He is here." That must be the dwarf they were talking about earlier, the one who is late. The man who walks in the door is quite tall for a dwarf and he has long black hair with a beard and mustache.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way twice. I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door." This man's voice makes a shiver run down my spine, I can feel the authority in his voice. Bilbo then has a confused expression as he looks between the dwarf and Gandalf.

"Mark? There is no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago." Gandalf chuckles and looks toward Bilbo "There is a mark. I put it there myself. Bilbo Baggins and Y/N L/N, allow me to introduce the leader of our company: Thorin Oakenshield."

So that is his name, I'm pretty sure I've heard my mentor talking about him before. Well, let me rephrase that, I've heard her fantasize about him. I secretly snicker to myself seeing this is the man my mentor fantasizes about.

Though I was getting a few looks from some of the other dwarfs. "So...this is the Hobbit and your so-called friend. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?" Bilbo asks while stepping forward and looking at Thorin. "Ax or sword? What is your weapon of choice?" Thorin asks as Bilbo looks confused.

"Well, I do have some skills at conkers, if you must know... but I fail to see why that's relevant." Now, this confuses me a bit as I remember teaching the boy sword fighting when he was younger. "Bilbo, do you not remember what I taught you?"

This is when the rest of the dwarves finally acknowledge me to be in the room. "What are you talking about, I've never met you before today?" This had me flabbergasted as I met Bilbo when he was just a boy when I moved near the shire.

I came into town to get some food for my house as I hadn't started my garden yet. (Oh my goodness, my garden! Who is going to tend to it...sigh oh well guess I'll live off what's in the cellar till next year.)

"Bilbo my dear I only met you when you were a child, but I figured you would have some foggy memory of me at least. And what I'm talking about is that I taught you sword fighting. Though to you, we were only playing." I think I can see a light flicker inside his head as he tries to recall the distant memory.

"Wow, that was a long time ago, though I do seem to vaguely remember playing with an older person in the woods." "Yes, that was me." I notice Thorin staring at me during the whole conversation.

"And who might you be exactly?" "Ah yes sorry about that everyone, Y/N...L/N at your service." Thorin then looked towards Gandalf "Gandalf. What are they even doing here?" I'm quite appalled at how he asked Gandalf right in front of me. So, I answered him, "Gandalf specifically asked me to be here so I put my trust in him that he has his reasons."

Giving Bilbo and me a side glance Thorin says "He looks more like a grocer than a burglar." Another dwarf then speaks toward Thorin to move the conversation "What news from the meeting in Ered Luin? Did they all come around?"

"Aye, envoys from all seven kingdoms." "And what did the dwarves of Iron Hill say? Is Dain with us?" Dwalin asks with a worried tone. Though by the look of Thorin's face, I would say not.

(I wonder who Dain is? Must be the leader of the Iron Hills, by the way, he phrased it.) "They will not come. They say this quest is ours, and ours alone." Thorin explains (Yeah if I were them I wouldn't go either, this is going to be a hell of a journey.) I think this is when Bilbo also started to get the picture "You're going on a quest?"