Ch.12 Chat

Peter and Alice flew until they landed on a tree.

"So what do we do Peter?" Alice asked.

"Well" he said "They don't know where the Ever orb is hiding".

"But what about us? They're also looking for us".

"Now that I don't know what to do".

As they thought about what to do, Peter caught sight of a necklace hanging on Alice, but he couldn't see what it was.

"What kind of necklace is that?" he asked.

"Oh" Alice said as she took the necklace out from inside her dress. It showed a compass hanging on the chain with a little golden key attached to it. (Pic of compass)

"That's a nice compass" Peter said.

"I know right?" Alice agreed.

"Where'd you get it?"

"It used to be my father's, he gave it to me when I was 10, before he and my mother left".

"What do you mean by 'they left'?"

Alice was getting a sad look in her eyes.

"They went on a ship to go France" she explained "But a storm came and sunk their ship, everyone drowned in that storm, including my parents".

"Oh" Peter said with a sad look "I'm so sorry".

"It's ok" she said "Every since that day I've lived with my aunt. But at least I had my Wonderland and my imagination to keep me happy" she gave a small smile as she looked at the key.

"So where'd you get the key?" Peter asked.

"I got this key from when I first visited Wonderland" she said "I was 7 when I first visited, and I've had this key ever since".

"Was that the same key you used to open that tiny door?"

"It is actually".

"So when did you last visited Wonderland?"

"Well, It's been a long time since I last visited it. I think I was around 12 or 13 when I last went there, it was probably because I didn't have time to cause I had to go to school and I had work to do and stuff".

"What do you learn in school?"

"Lot's of things. Like I learned how to write, how to do math, science, my favorite class was geography, I love learning about the world so I can explore it someday".

"You like to explore?"

"Yeah, it's so fun to explore this curious world".

"Well, I love exploring too. I even like exploring London".

"But aren't you worried people will see you?"

"Nah, I usually do it at night so people could barely see me".

"Oh" Alice said as she looked around the beautiful area "Hey, I've been wanting to ask you this, but how did you become who you are now?"

"Oh" Peter said "Well, it's a long story".

"I don't mind".

"Ok, well it started a long time ago, my parents abandoned me when I was just a baby, but I was found and taken to an orphanage where I was taken care of. And when I mean by that is by getting gross oatmeal everyday, getting whipped in the butt with a belt, and also getting beat up by the big kids".

"Yikes!" Alice gasped.

"Yeah" he agreed "Anyway-".

But before he could continue, the sound of people talking was heard, and they heard footsteps coming towards them. They hid behind the leaves as they watched Hook and Rose appear with some pirates and card guards.

"This is taking forever" Rose grunted "Where is that orb?!"

"Let's see" Hook said as he looked at a map "We've checked here, we've checked there, we don't we check mermaid lagoon? Yeah, let's check there".

"And then we can try the Hatter's tea party" Rose suggested "Someone bring me a tart!"

A card guard pulled out a cherry tart and gave it to Rose. But then Alice's foot suddenly slipped on the tree, she gasped as Peter grabbed her arm to keep her from falling.

"What was that?" Rose asked as the pirates and cards held out their weapons.

Peter and Alice held their breaths, hoping they wouldn't be seen.

"It was probably just an animal" Hook said as they all left.

After making sure they were gone, Peter and Alice sighed in relief.

"Sorry I slipped" Alice said.

"It's fine" Peter said "It was an accident".

"So what do we do now?"

"Oh I know a place" Peter grinned "Follow me".

Alice followed Peter as they flew up in the sky.