Chapter 1

Chan murmured the words just as (Y/n) slipped into unconsciousness, her warm body slumping against his chest.

After a long moment, he reached up, fixing his collar where her grasping hands had pulled it loose.

Then he shifted, lifting her gently into his arms and cradling her against him.

He stared down at her sleeping face, and when he spoke, his voice was barely audible.

"...I'm sorry for being so rough with you. If you want to return to where you came from... you must do whatever it takes to protect yourself."

Long lashes cast dark shadows on pale cheeks as he turned and began to stride down the hallway with her in his arms.

He heard the sound of muted footsteps from somewhere up ahead, and a long coat billowed in the darkness.

"Chan... and (Y/n)?" - "...Namjoon." - "Don't tell me someone bit her?" - "I did." - "Chan... you bit (Y/n)? Why would you do such a thing?" - "It's none of your concern." - "I'm afraid that's not true. I'm the reason she ended up in this place. It's my duty to return her safely to the world she came from. In addition, I am the master of this household. I most protect the order of-..." - "Your arrogance knows no bounds." - "...Chan?" - "If you want to protect the order of things, you should have told this woman immediately that we are vampires. There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance." - "Did you bite (Y/n) in order to prove to her that we're vampires?"

Instead of answering, Chan looked down at (Y/n). still unconscious in his arms, and something flickered in his gaze.

Then he stepped over, and handed her over to Namjoon.

His flat expression made it clear he felt there was nothing more to say as he turned away.

"Chan. You still have no intention of opening up to anyone, or letting anyone know the real you, do you? Do you still hate that you were brought back to life? And... do you still hate me, for bringing you back?"

His voice was earnest, but Chan only gave a scornful laugh, his cloak swirling around him as he vanished into the darkness.

Namjoon gazed after him in silence, his expression calm, but his golden eyes dark with sorrow.

----------

Mhhh...

Wait a minute... is this my room?

I sat up with a start, flustered and confused, and I immediately felt a faint twinge of pain in my neck.

Damn... that wasn't a dream, was it?

I could vividly remember the pain of his fangs piercing my skin, and the strange, intense pleasure I'd felt afterwards.

I can't believe Jisung's joke was true, after all. And now I can't believe Jisung went and said it was a joke!

After all I heard yesterday, I didn't know what to believe, but... every single thing they told me is true, isn't it?

"What am I supposed to do now?"

I felt more lost than I'd ever felt in my life, and I pulled my knees up to my chest, hugging them tightly.

If they're all vampires... I can't trust any of them. Jooheon nearly bit me, and then Chan DID bite me. If I leave my room...

But what am I going to do? I can't lock myself in here for a whole month! I mean, at some point I need to eat, right?

I buried my face in my knees, trying to make sense of my thoughts, but Chan's ominous words kept echoing through my mind.