Chapter Thirty seven

So the premier. My change of opinion. I could thank my choice of seating for what happened. See I stumbled upon an empty seat in an otherwise unknown crowd of people. Therefore, during the film, I wasn't distracted by some meaningless commentary someone familiar might whisper to me during the watch of it. Perhaps I may need to give credit to the person who was clever enough as to hang prominent 'no phones' signs along the sides of the hall, making it so there wasn't any distractions on that matter. Or maybe it was the simple fact that I was fully rested, having slept as long as I did. I could give my full attention to the big screen, is what I am trying to say here.

It is funny how I always manage to mumble on when it is just me, writing. If I could just get to the point... It would save me some ink.

Anyhow, all was fun and game as I went and sat in my seat. I was still in ecstasy by the Cate I admired on the red carpet. The Cate who smiled to me, despite our argument the night before.

As stated, nobody I knew sat anywhere near me, so I just sat and waited for something to happen; for something to begin.

It did, after ten or so minutes, when someone - the producer, I knew - walked onto the stage. I remember he looked so little compared to the screen. He welcomed everybody, gave a few thank you's, 'I couldn't have made this happen without such and such', and then he got off, and the film begun at last.

Keep in mind here that there had been very few occasions thus far in my life that I had visited a cinema of some sort. So when the film started to play I was surprised, pleasantly so, by the grandness of the screen, and the magisterial tremor of the sound. And it was a few scenes into the film that Cate made her first appearance.

I hardly recognized her. I mean, I did recognize her, as she hardly looked any different as far as her appearance goes. But the woman she portrayed, the way she talked; how she moved; the faces she made - it was all so far off the Cate that I knew; the Cate that she was. I looked at somebody not remotely like her. It is how acting goes, as I am aware, but perhaps it was the setting of seeing it in that theater that made the difference seem much greater. Again, much like when I saw her on the red carpet, I was in complete awe. This time not by her being herself, but her being so far off it.

Call it being proud or not, but during the film, looking at her on the big screen, I wanted everybody to know that they were looking at Cate - my love. Not in the way that they might think better of me, or they would be impressed in some way or another. I had an urge of everybody knowing because I simply felt so... proud? Goodness, there is that word again. But truly, I see no other way of describing it. I find it difficult to put to words, which says a lot, considering that hardly ever happens.

I suddenly wanted everybody to know she was my Cate (in a non-possessive way, that is). And so, at the end of the film, I stood up, and I screamed aloud: ''I love - I mean, this is the kind of thing a fool might suppose I did. It never even occurred to me to do it. In actuality I clapped, perhaps the loudest of everybody present.

The film was really good. Very dramatic. All leading up to the ultimate climax that kept the crowd on the edge of their seats. Cate turned out to play a big part in the film - dare I say she was the lead actress? I suppose I watch too less of films for me to judge.

Now I hope to have set the scene as far as the actual premiere is concerned. It had left me with a shift in perspective: I wanted people to know that Cate and I belonged together. And it might be good to keep that altering in mind whilst reading what happened next since, as I have noted before, what happened at the afterparty would hardly sound believable if I didn't clear up what I have now cleared up.

Every attendee that had watched the film was led into a large hall. Tables stood on the sides of the room, and in the center was a large open space that, as the evening progressed, was getting more and more crowded by people dancing.