Chapter 17

The girls spent their day shopping up a storm, getting pedicures, manicures, and massages. When they said day off they meant it. Lunch was spent at a cute new cafe restaurant that opened in the city and lots of catching up was done between Pepper and Alex before more shopping ensued. 

Their wardrobes were definitely getting a makeover, Alex splurged even more and bought Bucky an iphone she knew he would appreciate because he was very tech savvy.

"Okay, Alex. Come on, have you ever worn a skirt or a dress?" Natasha questioned, while browsing a rack of clothes.

"Yeah," Alex side eyed her bestie with a nervous look on her face. "yes, of course i have." she added more confidently.

"oh yeah, when?" Natasha narrowed her gaze, waiting expectantly.

"Actually yeah Alex, when?" Wanda asked, leaning an arm on a nearby rack while looking at them. 

"Okay...so maybe i haven't worn that many girly things, at least not since after i landed in the 1940's... I've always dressed in a way where if it results in a need to fight, i'm prepared..." Alex confessed, shoulders drooping. While her confession was truthful it was also a little sad in hindsight. 

Her life majority of the time had always been fight to fight, hide out to hide out, Alex had never really worn formal type clothes, fancy lingerie or a dress just because she could. She had always dreamed of having a girly wardrobe for when she felt like dressing up, or shoes that made her feet glisten. But that dream was always unrealistic.

Alex's wardrobe had and still consisted of basics and not much else. She never really had a choice.

"Fuck...saying that out loud makes it sound kind of....depressing, huh," She said, glancing at them, and Natasha tilted her head with a sympathetic look.

"Dear god..." Pepper breathed. "That's kind of sad hunny,"

"You know you can still fight wearing a skirt or dress too? I mean just look at Wands, she wore a skirt the other day and kicked ass," Natasha stated, making Wanda smile and nudge Alex's arm.

"I know..." Alex scrunched her nose when they all hugged her in a warm group hug.

"Let's go find you some extra fancy dresses and skirts to add to your wardrobe. So when you feel like it, you have them," Pepper offered, placing her hand on Alex's shoulder. A few hours later, she had even more bags to bring home. And at least 4 of those bags were filled with lingerie, because while Alex tried to fight Natasha on why it wasn't necessary for fancy lace lingerie over basic ones, the black widow simply claimed it was about time she lived a little—and that it was needed.

"It's for the near future, trust me, you'll thank me," She said, wiggling her brows teasingly making Alex's cheeks heat up.

"You're diabolical," Alex muttered but Natasha simply grinned.

Dinner was spent at a fancy restaurant with drinks, dancing and just having a good time with each other. Alex made sure that she'd placed glamours over all of them prior to even leaving the compound in the morning. She wasn't about to take any risks, not when Hydra were still out there. 

After they were done, Happy drove them all back to the compound in the limo and helped carry all the bags inside.

"I give you the day and you come back with the entire shopping precinct," Tony said with a laugh, he stood at the entrance with one hand in his pocket and the other on the doorframe.

"Aww hush your tushhhh," Pepper said with a slur to her tone, a smile on her face. 

Tony shook his head at all of them and his gaze landed on his sister, she met him with a shrug. Alex was the only one who wasn't under the influence because she couldn't get drunk. It was a sight to see Natasha and Wanda stumbling up the stairs while giggling as they bumped into each other. Alex willed the rest of her bags into her room and headed upstairs.