CHAPTER 1

Ingrid's Silverio pov

"Hey Ingrid you are late" Ace says, getting mad at me again.

"I was caught up in traffic okay?" He shrugs and we take a sit waiting for the class to start.

"Here, read this in case of a quiz". He hands me the notes. I smile thanking him and start reading them.

Later the teacher comes in and we do a quiz as how he had foreseen.

"I can't believe you foresaw that". I say as we head out of the class.

"You know very well how the teacher is. He always gives unannounced quizzes and I know you don't like reading".

I feel shy and embarrassed.

"You don't have to be shy. " He grabs my hand, I smile at him, and he smiles back at me. He offers me lunch and we head to the cafeteria.

"Thank you Ace". I say as he hands me my favorite meal.

Ace and I became good friends since the first day we sat together as partners in a certain project.

We have been friends since then, he is a smart guy and he always leads on top in our class. Since I'm lazy with my studies, he pushes me so hard to study.

That way, I get to pass very well. Ace Santos, is a very kind, affectionate and caring guy.

Most girls like him and want him but he has not time for them as he says. Who wouldn't like a cute guy like him? He is just a total package.

Ace is on scholarship program. He was given the offer after he passed with flying colors.

He is from a normal family and he is the only child in the family.

His mom is a single mother who raised her with a lot difficulty. His mom is a alcoholic. Most times Ace would get a phone call to pay up debts for his mom.

Ace is a stubborn guy, he doesn't let me help him financially. He normally says a man should take care of a woman and not otherwise.

He always pay for my lunch and would always buy me small gifts. He just makes me happy in every way.

The other night when I went out with my friends, he was so furious at me. A guy named Matteo tried to kiss me. And he got the news from whoever it was.

The next day at school he was so mad at me. I wondered why he got so mad. He was acting so jealous.

Matteo apologized for what he did though. Matteo is that cool boy who is from a very wealthy family. His dad is well known for being a billionaire. I can say he is so full of himself and he think he owns everyone.

He is always with his crew bullying others. Ace wanted to confront Matteo that day but I calmed him down.

**********

"Ace, what is wrong?" He has been so quiet the whole day and I feel like something is bothering him.

"Nothing Ingrid" he replies dryly.

"You know you can always talk to me." He sighs "it's my mom. She is locked up" I suddenly feel bad for him. His mom is total headache.

"What? Why?"

"She caused trouble again at the bar she drinks and this time she went too far. She almost killed a lady just because she called her irresponsible mother".

"What omg I am so sorry Ace". I touch his hands and he touch my hands back with a forced smile.

"So what are you planning to do?" I ask him.