CHAPTER 10

Ingrid's Pov

I am in my office typing on my laptop when my phone rings. I check the caller id only to see my best friend's name on the screen. Melon!

I pick it up right away. I put it on loudspeaker though.

"Hey, bestie." She says on the other line.

"What's up with the early morning call huh? i tease her i am sure she is rolling her eyes at me this moment.

"Have you seen the news? Oh bestie." she trails off. I know something is off by her voice. I know her too well.

"What news?" I ask confused and yet curious.

"Damn it. I know you haven't. I have sent you a link just check your message." I quickly check my phone and tap on link. My heart shatters into pieces. He deserves to be happy.

"Well, congratulations are in order." I mumble sadly. He looks so happy in this picture. I guess he has forgotten about me completely. God! I deserve it though.

"Hey bestie." i hear Melon's voice on the other side of the line.

"I am fine, okay?" I tell before she asks. I know her too well to know what she is about to ask me.

"I will be here if you need me." She speaks. I nod as if she can see me. Silly!

"I need to go Melon, see you." I say and quickly cut off the phone. God! How am i going to handle this?

I am walking through the lobby holding his cup of coffee when all of a sudden i bump into someone causing the coffee to spill all over the place and on the person too.

Oh my God! It's all my fault. I wasn't looking where i was heading. My mind has been so fuzzy. I hear a woman's voice yelling "you ruined my dress. Fuck, this is so hot." She huffs.

"I am so sorry ma'am." I state worried. I take a look at her, and my eyes widens. She is the same woman i just saw being engaged to Ace. Oh! No could my day just get worse. She gives me a murderous glare.

"You should be more careful and watch where you're heading next time." She says almost yelling at me. Well, I deserve that though. I nod at her firmly unable to say a word.

"Again, my apologies, it is entirely my fault ma'am. Please allow me to make it up for you?" She smirks at me.

"And how are you going to make it up to me?" She challenges me. Just when i am about to answer, i hear Ace's voice behind me. "Amber......My love..." he just called her my love. I roll my eyes at that.

The so-called Amber looks past me and rushes towards Ace. I quickly turn only to find them kissing already. What? I want to throw up already.

"My love. I missed you." She says clinging to him like a leech. Oh crap! She is so dramatic.

"I miss you too babe." Ace replies holding her butt. Can't they just get a room? I roll my eyes and i am about to leave when Ace's voice stops me.

"Please order breakfast for my fiancé." I turn and smile at him sarcastically.

"Good morning to you too sir." I state as matter of fact before leaving.

I act completely unbothered by them but deep inside, it hurts a lot. God, please give me the strength to take this.

I heave a deep sigh and go to Amy. I ask her what Amber might like and she tells me what she once ordered for her when she was here to see Ace sometime back.

"She is one of the models working for Victoria Secrets." Amy states as i prepare coffee for Ace. She had followed me at the pantry so as to kill time. She claimed that she wanted to walk a little.