CHAPTER 6

Ace's Santos Pov

"She hasn't been eating lately, she is always sulking and sometimes she cries out of nowhere." The therapist, Anna informs me. I nod as a response as I watch my mom from a far.

"I am paying you to do your job well Dr. Anna. Come on, you are the best recommended therapist in the word. You better make sure my mom gets better in two months. Otherwise, you would lose your license and just to make it clear to you, I am a man of my words. I can be good and worst at the same time. So you choose your side." She trembles and unable to form a word.

I really hate when I speak to someone and they don't respond.

"Are we clear?" I state coldly making her flinch. She finally finds her voice, "Yes Mr. Santos." She replies with a shaking voice.

"Good." I state and stand up to leave.

I walk towards the garden where I see a lot of patients here. I spot my mom seated on the bench with one of the nurses. I smile upon seeing her. I head towards her and kiss her forehead. The nurse nods at me and leaves right a way.

I take a seat beside her but her mind is not here. Just as Anna has said, she is spacing out.

I miss her so much. It's been 5 years she is like this. I have hired a lot of therapists but her condition had not yet improved. She is still traumatized by the cruel incident.

"Mother" I state touching her hand. She snaps her head at me. She then smiles.

"Who are you?" She suddenly yells at me as if I am a bad person. My heart aches upon her sudden change in reaction.

"It's me your son Ace. Remember?" I tell her calmly. She narrows her eyes at me assessing me before a smile plasters on her face.

"My son? You are my baby?" She asks as if she is not sure. I nod and smile at her telling her she is right.

"I want my baby. I want my baby." She starts screaming. God! This is terrible, I quickly engulf her into a hug.

"Your baby is right here mother. I am here." I calm her down as I pat her back.

After she calms down, I move and squat before her. I take her hands into mine.

"Mother, I miss you so much! Your grandchild misses you too. I hope you get better and come back home to us."

"A home? But we don't have a home, it's gone." She states crying.

"We do have a new home mother, it's very big. So huge. There is a big kitchen waiting for you." She smiles.

"A kitchen?." She asks excitedly. I nod at her smiling.

"Yes mother. Don't you want to cook for us?"

"Yess cooking." She claps her hand like a small kid. I smile shaking my head. I am glad she is happy.

"Do you promise me you are going to eat your food and listen to your doctor?" I ask her. She frowns at me.

"I hate her. She injects me every time and it hurts." She complains.

"She does that to make you feel better. Don't you want to feel better?" She remains quiet.

After trying to convince her she agrees to eat. The nurse feeds her as I watch them. After that, I bid her goodbye. She cries as I leave. It hurts but she has to stay. I hope it's a matter of time she will be okay.

***

"Big boss the mission is completed as you requested." I smirk as I hear the news from Connor.

"Great." I state dismissing him. He is about to leave when I remember something. "I have another fever for you to ask from you Connor." He stops and looks at me.