CHAPTER 13

ACE'S SANTOS POV

The moment I reach home, I bump into Amber on the stairs. She is holding an empty glass which I presume had water in it, I guess she was going downstairs to refill it if I am not mistaken.

"Thank God you are here, she is awake and asking for you." I smile hearing that she is awake.

"How is she doing now?" I ask Amber curiously. She smiles and put her hand on my shoulder. "She is better, her fever is gone. And you should have seen how she ate her meal today all by herself this afternoon." I chuckle softly before I grab Ambers hand and we walk towards Chloe's room. She complains as I drag her to the room since she wanted to go and grab water downstairs.

Entering Chloe's room, she is busy with her iPad, she must be playing a game.

"Hey baby, daddy is home." I announce loudly making her attention shift to me. She squeals "Daddy...." upon seeing me that she wants to jump out of bed. I chuckle before walking towards her bed lifting her off the bed. She giggles as I give her butterfly kisses on face and neck.

"I miss you daddy, I am glad you are home." I stroke her hair as we cuddle together on her bed. She doesn't want me to leave her bed just yet and I don't mind spending my time with her even if it means sleeping on her bed anything for my princess. Amber had left us alone, she got an emergency at her work place since she was launching her new cloth collection soon so she needed to fix something at work.

"I miss you too my love." I reply and kiss on top of her bed. She is now playing a candy crush game on her iPad as I watch her play.

"Do you want to learn a new game?" I suddenly ask her making her look at me.

"Yes of course daddy, I would love that. Tell me about it?" She answers curiously.

I ask her to give me a few minute and I go to my room. Grabbing a chess board, I come back to her.

"What's that daddy?" She asks me as she inspects the chess board. I chuckle and help her to open it.

"This is a chess board sweetie, let me teach you the basics." She nods happily and listens to everything I tell her. We start playing and oh! She is not so bad at her first game.

"Check mate..." I tell her the moment I win. She widens her eyes at me realizing that she has lost and then she gives me a pouty face.

"I will get you daddy, just wait..." She challenges me. I chuckle at her behavior. I wish we continue playing but I realize that time is going and she needs to rest.

"You need to go to bed now baby, we will continue this tomorrow okay?" She nods sadly.

"Okay fine daddy, but can I have the chess board for practice?" She makes a puppy face at me. Whenever she does that, I fail to say no to her so I nod a yes but i make her promise me that she will go to bed.

Kissing her good night and going out of her room, I go downstairs and pour myself a drink at the pool bar. I need a drink after a long day. As I drink, lost in my thoughts laying on the longue pool chair.....

"Trouble in paradise?" I smirk at the person who just spoke. Amber.........she is back from work I guess.

"There you are.. is everything okay at work?" She nods at me before saving herself some scotch and comes to sit beside on the vacant pool chair beside me.

Taking a sip, she smiles at me ..."I took care of it so the launch is on.." I smile hearing that from her. Fashion is everything she ever liked ever since back then.

"I am so proud of you Amber, you always wanted this and look at you now, launching your own brand." She blushes.

"Thank you for always being there big boss." She teases me, she knows how I don't like her calling me that name.