Chapter 12

Ingrid's Pov

"What? He is cheating on Amber? So what the tabloids say about him being a womanizer is true huh?" Melon says after telling her about Ace cheating with that woman Chloe.

"He is obviously cheating and i am very sure he went to spend the night with her since he came back and told us he has an emergency." I state rolling my eyes.

Melon laughs making me glare at her. I mean what's funny to laugh at?

"What's funny huh?" I ask, she shrugs. She heaves a deep sigh and shake her head. "You know what? I think someone is acting jealous." My eyes widens what?

"I am not jealous okay? What's up with you ladies? Amy said the same thing until I showed her my engagement ring." I state rolling my eyes.

"Ohh... I almost forgot you are engaged." I glare at her with a disbelief face.

"Okay okay, I am joking. Speaking of engagement, when are you guys getting married?" Now that Melon has brought it on the table, I need to discuss with Matteo.

Ace's Santos Pov

"How is she holding up now doc?" I ask my personal doctor named Dr. Rose. She is an old woman in the medicine industry whom i hired to work for me for any family emergencies she is one of the best doctors in the country, you need a whole lot of money to just see her.

So the moment i called her, she came up to check on my baby girl.

Yesterday when i was Amy's party, I received a call from Chloe but i was surprised her nanny answered instead. She informed me that Chloe had a high fever.

I panicked and told Amy and Ingrid that i had to leave right a way.

"Her condition is stable now. I will keep monitoring her temperature but as for now it has subsided to the recommended level." I nod while my eyes glued to my baby girl who is peacefully sleeping.

"Thank you very much Doctor." She nods and smiles. She then extends her hand to my shoulder and pat me soothingly.

"She will be just fine. You don't have to worry. It's normal for children her age to get infections now and then." I nod trying to understand her.

"Anyways, i am sorry but i will be leaving to the hospital, make sure she is well fed and hydrated when she wakes up. I will come back to check on her after a few hours." She says packing her staff before checking on her wrist watch.

At the same time the door opens up revealing Amber holding a tray full of food. She had come here early in the morning when i told her the news. She is that sweet. And the love she has for Chloe is something else.

"Don't worry doctor, i will take care of that." Amber tells the doctor. I am surprised to hear that.

After the doctor leaves, i glare at Amber who is now looking at me after she put the tray of food on the bedside table.

The aroma of food hit my nostrils and my stomach make a noise indicating my hunger. We burst into a fit of laughter.
"Man, you should eat." Amber says. I shake my head smiling.

"Sure, I am starving as hell." I state.

"Go ahead. Made your favorites." I chuckle.