CHAPTER 19

3RD PERSON POV

"Mariano?" Amber blinks her eyes enormously trying to process Mariano's presence. It literally feels like a ghost standing before her.

"The one and only and I am sorry for your loss." Mariano says before shifting his gaze to the grave.

"But.... how comes you are alive? I thought you died in that accident?" Amber states unbelievably, her eyes never leaving Mariano's. She is so shocked. Mariano heaves a deep sigh, he expected that anyways. To them, he was a dead man.

"Luckily, I survived however no one knew since before the car exploded, i was thrown down the cliff through the front window of the car. I suffered amnesia for the past 3 years". Mariano explains shortly, Amber tries so hard to process the news. This is just so much for her to take in right now.

"What? Oh my God! I..... I am very sorry Mariano. I had no idea you suffered that much." She tells him sincerely with a sympathetic face. Marino nods dismissively. He directs his eyes to a concrete bench just few meters near them and they headed towards there. They sit next to each other.

There is a moment of silence for a while until Mariano decides to break in the silence.

"Amber, there is so much I want to tell you, if you have the time." Mariano says, Amber heaves a deep sigh "I surely need an explanation to everything that happened".

ACES SANTOS' POV

"Who is she daddy?" Chloe asks the moment we reach downstairs, her eyes focused on Melon. Melon is all happy seeing her niece judging by her smiley face. I squat before her and tell her, "Sweetie, she is your aunty Melon, a friend of your mommy." She gasps with her eyes widened up.

"My mommy?" She asks unbelievably, I nod, and she looks at Melon with a 'is this true' kind of face and Melon nods to confirm her suspicious. She squeals with so much happiness before running towards Melon and Melon lifts her off the ground and they share a hug of warmth; I almost tear up watching them.

Who would have thought this day would have come. I smile genuinely, as I see them all happy together.

"I have a mom now?" She asks curiously when we settle by the coach.

"Yes, my love." Melons tells her as she raffles Chloe's soft hair, I smile.

"Oh, but isn't she here to see me?" She asks with a sad tone and pouty face, my heart swells with sadness. Melon gives me a sad look.

"I am sorry sweetheart mommy is not feeling well at the moment, but I am sure when she wakes up, she will be fine and very happy to see you." Melon explains making her smile a little but then she frowns.

"Mommy is sick?" she asks worriedly, Melons gives her a sad face." Ohhh i want to see mommy aunty Melon." She then looks at me, "Daddy, please take me to her." She pleads and I agree, she has a right to see her mom anyways. I will never deny her that chance again after knowing the truth.

"Okay princess we will take you to see mommy." She squeals with joy before running to give me a kiss and a hug. I am caught up by surprise before I chuckle and hug her back. Melon mouths to me a thank you, I wink at her as a response.

"Yeey! Let me get a gift for mommy." She asks before we nod and she wastes no time, she runs upstairs right away.

"She is so beautiful like her mommy and very adorable." Melon says in awe while watching Chloe going upstairs. I smile, she is right.

"She has always hoped to see her mom one day." I tell Melon.

"God! It must have been so devastating for her."