CHAPTER 9

Ingrid's Pov

"You are not going to change your mind aren't you?" Dad asks as i bid him goodbye. It's around 7:30 and i have less than 30 minutes to make it to work on time.

He wasn't really happy when i told him about my new boss. I couldn't hide it from him. He freaked out. I mean, he wanted me to stop working for Ace right away. Melon was also surprised as well, she couldn't believe what kind of a man Ace has become.

"Dad, you know i have to go there and work. Even if he is doing this to punish me back for what happened in the past i have no option. It's the least i could do to succumb to his wishes if only that's the way he gets to forgive me or attain his peace." I shrug. Dad nods sadly. He motions for me to go to him. He engulfs me in a fatherly hug. I almost cry at his back but i can't let him see me cry. I have to be strong for the both of us.

"I should be the one to take care of you my princess. I am so sorry to put you through this. I am really sorry my daughter." He says between the hug, i can feel him sobbing. Oh no! I pat his back and withdraw from the hug making him face me.

"You gave me everything I wanted before daddy. You played both roles in my life daddy ever since mom passed. So daddy, please don't feel sad about this. Allow me to take care of you now." He gives me a bitter smile.

"Okay fine." He waves me off. We laugh together.

"I love you daddy. Always remember that okay? Despite everything."

"I love you too my princess." He replies and hugs me one more time.

Arriving at the office just in time, i quickly prepare the schedule for the boss himself before preparing him his coffee. Once i finish i rush to his office and knock on it. Hearing the word enter from the robotic system, i enter joyfully.

This time i am perfectly confident that the coffee is to his liking.

I smile as i enter. He is busy in his laptop. I roll my eyes. Does he work all the time? I ignoring him, i mumble a good morning before placing the cup on his desk just beside his laptop to his right side.

"Bon appetite." I singsong before i walk back to the door.

"Good." I hear him say. I turn to face him and i see him taking a sip from the coffee. I smile happily knowing that he likes it.

"What are you looking at?" He suddenly outbursts me. What's wrong with him? What's with the grumpy attitude? I roll my eyes.

"You shall not roll your eyes at your boss. That is a very bad behavior Ms. Silverio." I heave a deep sigh trying to control my anger.

"My apologies sir." I state sarcastically emphasizing the word sir. He nods slightly.

"I need you to ask Amy to prepare the presentation for the new client. His name is Mr. Chad from Paris. And I want you to change my prior appointment with him. Call his assistance and ask what time and where he would prefer for us to meet and discuss with him about his property." I listen carefully. I should have brought my note pad with me.

"I guess we are all clear. Otherwise, prepare the conference room for the 11 am meeting." I nod and reply "Yes sir." Before i heave a sigh and step out there looking for Amy. I find her talking to a phone. She flashes me a smile and then directs me to sit on the vacant chair in front of her.

"Hey love." She instantly greets me the moment she hangs off her phone. I smile, at her "Hello" I reply shyly. I mean Amy is a sweetheart.

"Is everything okay?" I nod smiling.

I tell her what Ace has sent me to do and she helps me with the documents right away.

"Thank you very much." I reply and stand up to leave just when she calls for my name. I turn to face her. "Yes?"