CHAPTER 14

MATTEO'S POV

I tried to run after the car which took Ingrid but I couldn't keep up with car's speed so I chose to go back home. I am so mad at my self, I feel so stupid and helpless for not being able to defend her when she needed me the most. It makes me wonder if she would ever be safe with me. I mean I am supposed to be her knight in shining armor aren't I?

Fuck, fuck, fuck... I hit the steering will with full rage as I drive towards Ingrid's home. I need to inform them about what happened.

The moment I knock on the door, the door opens up after two knocks revealing Mr. Ashton Silverio.

"Oh Matteo, welcome..." he flashes a smile and I fail miserably to reciprocate. How am I to tell him that his daughter is abducted?

"Thank you uncle.." I try to act calm but I can't. He ushers me inside and I step in but I don't go further into the room.

"Hey Matteo you are here..." Its Melon, she just came from the kitchen holding a tray of freshly baked chicken.

"Hey Melon.." she then frowns her face as she looks past me towards the entrance door. "Where is Ingrid?"

"I was to ask you the same thing" Ashton replies.

"I am sorry..." They both look at me as curiosity fills their faces... This is not good but I need to let them know anyways.

"What are you trying to say?" Melon asks me as she comes towards me, I can see the fear in her eyes.. as for Ashton, he seems confused.

"We were just coming out from the restaurant and ...everything just happened so fast, they ...they took her ..."

"What do you mean by they took her.... " Ashton yells at me.

"Oh my God my best friend is kidnapped?" Melon finally speaks finding her voice before she breaks in a pool of tears.

"What? Noo... where is my baby girl, no..." Ashton cries...

ACES' POV (NEXT DAY)

"She has fully recovered now, however she shouldn't cut off the dose she has to finish the remaining medicine." I nod at the doctor after she finished checking on Chloe.

"That will be well taken care of." I state, my eyes at Amber who is beside Chloe feeding her. She chuckles making the doctor smile.

"Great then, I will take my leave, all the best."

"Thank you so much doctor." We all say before she leaves.

"You heard the doctor...." I tell my daughter who cuts me off.."Yes daddy, don't worry I will always take my medicines." I chuckle before walking towards her and kiss her cheeks making her giggle. Amber stands up and cleans up Chloe's face.

"You going to work?" Amber asks me.

"I am visiting mother at the center, now that ...." I stop my self from saying what I want after recalling that Amber doesn't know that her father is alive. Oh shit!

"Now that what?" She asks me to finish the sentence. I just smile before kissing her forehead as I think of what to say to cover this up.

"Nothing, its just that I feel that its time she moves in here with me, may be is she close to us, she may be able to recover much better than being all alone out there, its just not working...after all these years." She gives me a sympathetic smile before nodding in understanding.

"Go get her, we will be happy to have her here with us." She says holding my hands before I hug her and bid her good bye.

INGRID'S POV