CHAPTER 16

Ace's Santos Pov

Ingrid made it to the hospital and she is currently being operated in the theatre room. I can't help but feel so miserable, i can't imagine if she dies. God! I can't lose her just like that. There is a lot we need to talk and rectifying every mistakes and misleading that happened in the past.

"Boss they are here." Connor informs me bringing me back to my thoughts.

Damn it! I can't imagine how this will go. I had Connor make arrangements to bring Ingrid's father (Ashton) and Melon here.

"What the hell happened to her Ace?" I turn to face an angry Melon and uh oh! Beside him is the man i once hated so much Ashton Silverio.

"What is this man doing here, what you did to my daughter?" He yells at me almost ready to attack me. I deserve it, he is worried about his daughter. I just stay calm taking in all the insults he gives.

"Uncle, please just stop. We are here for Ingrid please respect that. Put your differences aside please." Melon speaks some sense. Ashton shut up with his jaw clenched and gritting teeth.

"Are you the family of the patient named Ingrid Silverio?" The doctor suddenly interrupts us making us turn to face her.

"Doctor how is she? How is my daughter?" Ashton speaks on behalf.

"We managed to remove the bullet from her chest, she is lucky she was brought here on time before the bullet reached to the heart. However she is in a critical condition hence in a comma. She also lost a lot of blood, she needs a blood transfusion as soon as possible."

"Take my blood, I am her father I am sure it matches hers." Ashton tells the doctor.

"We will have your blood tested then." The doctor says. "If you are ready please follow me." Ashton looks at me one more time before he follows the doctor.

I hope his blood will match Ingrid's blood because I am sure mine will not but I won't mind trying to test, she is in that situation because of me anyways.

"Care to explain to me what the hell happened?" Melons snaps me back from my thoughts. I nod, she deserves to know the truth anyways, her best friend is fighting for her life in there and I am the cause of this.

"Can we go somewhere private?" She heaves a deep sigh before agreeing.

Once settled at the café in the hospital, she looks at me intently, "Now spill." She demands.

"That bullet was meant for me." I go straight to the point. Melon's eyes widens in surprise.

"What?" she panics. "Oh my God....." she gasps before tears flow down her cheeks. It hurts to see her like this.

"I am sorry Melon, I couldn't protect her as I planned. Everything happened so fast...." I explain everything that happened.

"I should be the one lying in that room Melon, not her, and it sucks that I wasn't able to protect her, if something bad happens to her I don't think I will be able to forgive myself..."

"Hey, hey, hey...lets be positive, I know you would have protected her if you had the chance,.."

"But I couldn't. God! Why did she do that? I hurt her so much and she just risked her life for me? Why?" I ask.

"It's because she loves you, she never stopped." Melon says making me puzzled is she saying the truth? A part of me wants to believe it but also another part of me doesn't. Why would she choose Matteo if she loved me? She chose Matteo twice.

"I know a lot happened between the two you 5 years ago but believe me no matter all that, her love for you has always been there."

"Even after she chose Matteo over me?" I can't help but ask. Melon shakes her head unbelievably.