CHAPTER 20

ACE'S SANTOS POV

Arriving at the hospital, Melon directs us inside.

I can't go inside, Ingrid's dad, Ashton made it clear that he doesn't want to see my face.

"I think it will be better if i stay behind. God with Chloe." I tell Melon, she smiled.

"Don't worry, Uncle Ashton is aware of everything." My eyes widen.

"I know, i mean i had to explain to him so as to clear your name. I also told him about the recording. I guess you two will have to talk about this and this is the perfect time." Is she serious? I give her a suspicious glare. She nods.

"Please?" She begs. I nod and she squeals. We continue walking towards down the lobby until we finally reach the lift area.

Once we reach the desired floor, Melon walks ahead of me while holding hands with Chloe. A smile plasters on my lips as i see them together like this.

"Here we are." She announces before she stops in-front of a wardroom.

"It's okay, i will go with her first." Melon tells me. I nod letting them go inside.

"You are not coming daddy?" Chloe asks concerned. I bend to her level and cup her little cute face. "Daddy will wait here."

"Okay." She smiles and kisses me on the cheek.

Once the walk in, i close my eyes feeling relieved. I then settle by the bench.

Few minutes later, i am lost in my thoughts when a familiar voice brings me back to reality.

"Ace..." I open up my eyes only to see Ashton standing before me. He looks calm and not angry at all. Melon was right.

"Hi... I am sorry to intrude ..." he waves me off and I am surprised he comes to sit beside me.

"I am sorry son." Son? The last time I heard him calling me son was 5 years ago before the incident happened at the winery.

"Yes. You are like my own son. A son that I wronged so much. I am so sorry for everything. The truth is I had no idea you were framed. And the worst thing is I lost my trust in you so easily." He states with a sad tone.

"Melon told me everything, he even told me about the recording. Juan Mendez, I happened to know him back then. He was my acquaintance before I got married and I can say he was a good friend of mine until he stole from me million dollars and ran away with it." What? I never knew that they knew each other.

"I know this is surprising but when Melon told me the truth, I believed it since that man is capable of doing anything he can to get what he wants." He speaks. He is right though. Juan Mendez was such a manipulative man.

"It must have been so hard for you Ace. I am sorry." He apologizes again. I nod and pat his shoulder. Tears flow down his face before he engulfs me to a fatherly hug. I try so hard to suppress my tears and i fail miserably.

After a couple of minutes, we release from the hug.

"Let's forget about the past sir..."

"No, call me father as you used to call me." I chuckle and he joins me.

"I hope to meet my granddaughter." What? He knows about Chloe.

"Yeah, Melon mentioned that too." I chuckle and shake my head amused. Oh Melon!

"And it's okay. What matters now is that she is right here with us. Thank you for protecting her." He stated proudly making me smile.

"She is right there." I point at the wardroom. "She couldn't wait to see her mom." He nods in understanding.